March Foodplot Pics

onside

We see a lot of "before" pics, so I thought I would show some "after" pics. Here are the Eagle Soybeans picked clean.
3-06-12059.jpg

Approximately 4' tall. A little hard to hunt before a heavy frost.

Clover is starting to come out of dormancy and is looking good.
3-06-12055.jpg

onside

I'm using Grimes Golden as my main pollinator. I've planted Arkansas Black, Mary Reid, Keener Seedling, Liberty, Blacktwig, Stayman, and Enterprise so far.

David Vernon at Century Farms Orchard in North Carolina is very helpful with any questions you might have. He also has a nice website.

If all goes as planned I should have apples dropping from early September through early December.

jmb4wd

That's cool, nice pics. My eagles are still full of pods and beans, thinking of bushhog them for the birds and turkeys. Every time I drive by, I bet 100 song birds fly out

onside

I've never planted anything but Manager's Mix. I was afraid the Big Lad would get too tall for my needs. The MM has been great the last 3 years and I guess I'll keep using them.

onside

I purchase my beans each year at the Co-op in Lawrenceburg. They do not stock them, but I go in about a month in advance and have them order me a bag.

Latest posts