LTB Good Bourbon

deerkiller300wsm

😂 😂 😂
This post. I have never bought a bottle of anything at more than retail. But I would be an idiot not to sell a bottle for what these taters are paying! I'll sell all my bourbon for the right price! Same goes with ammo, rifles, etc.
if you want to get a good bottle of bourbon, buy from one store. Buy your beer there. Crack a bottle with them. Make friends. Try their barrel picks. Get easily found stuff from them. Don't ask them if the "got any blantons?" every time you go in.

Don'tDrinkTinks

😂 😂 😂
This post. I have never bought a bottle of anything at more than retail. But I would be an idiot not to sell a bottle for what these taters are paying! I'll sell all my bourbon for the right price! Same goes with ammo, rifles, etc.
if you want to get a good bottle of bourbon, buy from one store. Buy your beer there. Crack a bottle with them. Make friends. Try their barrel picks. Get easily found stuff from them. Don't ask them if the "got any blantons?" every time you go in.
Lol so what bottles you got on your shelf?

Kimber45

I'm not trying to poo poo your thread. Just simply saying that just like any commodity, there will always be a secondary market.
That is true, and more-so now than ever before. I've never SEEN so many flippers in my life. And, the most successful ones will buy anything that's a $ making deal. I have an old friend who now has seemingly unlimited resources.. Theres a certain Rye that he likes, couldn't find it anywhere. One of his sales guys found like 10 cases at regular price, he bought em all and sent a driver to get them several states over. In his case, he will never sell a bottle though.. Consume, gift… maybe swap out

Kimber45

I stopped at the local on my way to the grocery store earlier. Looked a while, finally asked, and the girl literally laughed at me for even asking where the Weller was in general. This particular store has started quickly isolating/hiding anything deemed as "great" and started a store bourbon club…. And stores wonder why ppl use the internet for a workaround

Mr.Bro

Looking for Trace products? Walk in, buy something else then ask about the allocated stuff. Guys that never buy from us very seldom get any good stuff.
Collecting booze like guns. When you die your kids sell the guns or just drink all your booze. Want someone special to have what you leave behind? Give it to them now or your loved ones will just fight over it. Want good bourbon? Ellijah Craig!

Kimber45

Looking for Trace products? Walk in, buy something else then ask about the allocated stuff. Guys that never buy from us very seldom get any good stuff.
Collecting booze like guns. When you die your kids sell the guns or just drink all your booze. Want someone special to have what you leave behind? Give it to them now or your loved ones will just fight over it. Want good bourbon? Ellijah Craig!
EC is good enough for sure

Gronk

This. I work at a liquor store and more oft than not the guys that just come in asking for specific allocated items get turned down. I'll save the good stuff for the regulars that come in and buy

jb3

Pretty much why I shop at one store 90% of the time. I really do not want to know what I spend there on a yearly basis.

Fitchj13

Option 1: Find 1-3 local stores. Chat em up. Try and buy their store picks within reason. Bring em samples of odd stuff they don't carry. Don't wear em out on the good stuff questions.

Option 2: Become a member of every Facebook bourbon group you can. Follow all local stores social media accounts. Keep a full tank of gas and be ready to roll out whenever a lead is dropped.

Option 3: wait for end of year drawings and enter em all - some require purchases, some don't.

Option 4: learn when the deliveries are typ made for the stuff you want. Delivery schedules are pretty constant. Be sure to visit stores afterwards for best chances. Do NOT follow the trucks from store to store.

13pt

Option 1: Find 1-3 local stores. Chat em up. Try and buy their store picks within reason. Bring em samples of odd stuff they don't carry. Don't wear em out on the good stuff questions.

Option 2: Become a member of every Facebook bourbon group you can. Follow all local stores social media accounts. Keep a full tank of gas and be ready to roll out whenever a lead is dropped.

Option 3: wait for end of year drawings and enter em all - some require purchases, some don't.

Option 4: learn when the deliveries are typ made for the stuff you want. Delivery schedules are pretty constant. Be sure to visit stores afterwards for best chances. Do NOT follow the trucks from store to store.
Wow that sounds like pretty much everything my wife does. That's really good advice! She's a bourbon fanatic! She has all this stuff y'all are talking about in spades. I've been put on alert "we will" be building a bar downstairs. Happy Wife, Happy Life. I only know what I've learned by proximity…she's the genius. I'm a Tequila guy myself. Please don't throw rocks…lol. Anyway, when I read this line of advice it just seems like everything she does and I know it works big time for her.

Latest posts