Low country boil

JohnnyBond

1 lb. Keilbasa (or other spicy, smoked sausage) per person
2 pounds Raw shrimp in shell per person ( extra large shrimp)
5 lbs Red potatoes
3 Ear of corn per person
1 bag of lemons cut in half
1 bag of oranges cut in half
1 bag in limes cut in half
1 bag of onions
1 bag of mushrooms
Cayenne pepper
Garlic
Old Bay Seasoning
Black pepper
Tabasco

Crawfish are optional depending on time of the year

**** Note *******

Always figure 2 lbs of shrimp per person so no one goes away hungry. We don't like to hear "Daddy there are no shrimp in there"

We always get the Jumbo shrimp ......

LowCountryBoil1.jpg

JohnnyBond

Forgot to add the asparagus too ........

The last time we cooked it one pot would not hold it all ...... it was full before any shrimp was added .........

but it was good ....... the best was last years ...... I can not imagine it getting any better.

JohnnyBond

Once cooked take a water hose cool the outside of the pot while everything is soaking on the inside ........ makes it that much better ...........

When ready to eat drain and pour on long table with a plastic pinic table cloth and dive in ......no plates needed

A

Anonymous

JohnnyBond said:

The last time we cooked it one pot would not hold it all ...... it was full before any shrimp was added .........

but it was good ....... the best was last years ...... I can not imagine it getting any better.

Last years was the best Johnnybond
Keith did an outstanding job
You know it going to be good when it takes to pots

I can't wait till this year
Thanks for the help the other day on my duck blind

A

Anonymous

JohnnyBond said:
Once cooked take a water hose cool the outside of the pot while everything is soaking on the inside ........ makes it that much better ...........

When ready to eat drain and pour on long table with a plastic pinic table cloth and dive in ......no plates needed

Dang Johnnybond,

You know more than I thought you did with the hose trick. As soon as baseball is over this month it is about time to cook one again. We got other things to add this time.

IT WILL BE BETTER. Chase has already had it and he likes it

I always use the "Colossal Shrimp" 8 - 10 per pound
2 lbs is not that much trust me

JohnnyBond

Peanut Field said:
JohnnyBond said:

Dang Johnnybond,

You know more than I thought you did with the hose trick. As soon as baseball is over this month it is about time to cook one again. We got other things to add this time.

IT WILL BE BETTER. Chase has already had it and he likes it

I always use the "Colossal Shrimp" 8 - 10 per pound
2 lbs is not that much trust me

NO one is as good as you are "MR. Food Coordinator"

I will just stick to the adult beverage coordinator .......don't loose the red cup :D

JohnnyBond

Seminole39 said:
if i ate that, you would be taking me to the emergency room. i would swell up like a balloon. allergic to shellfish :(

Want to come eat at CLHC .....we don't have any emergency room ....... :D

Chaneylake

JohnnyBond said:

K. Hamilton's big buck dinner last year at Chaney was without a doubt the very best one that we had ever had, congrats to him, plenty for everyone and he was not "cheap when he added the shrimp", going on memory, I think that he did not put the last 20 lbs of shrimp in to the low country boil

Latest posts