Louisiana Shrimp and Corn Soup

TAFKAP

Looks very good!

Although, I think I'd add the shrimp at the last second so as not to overcook it.

Puckett Creek

Yeah- ur right TAFKAP, that is not clear in the instructions. I add the shrimp just at the last moment as they taste best when not over cooked.
Thanks,
Pete

TAFKAP

Mrs. TAFKAP already has this going for tonight's dinner. I will report back on the results!

TAFKAP

It was good, but the recipe doesn't translate to the pictures.

This is what it was supposed to look like...soup, with corn and shrimp:
Louisiana-Shrimp-and-Corn-9.png

This is how ours turned out....corn, with soup. Oh, there's a shrimp:
79F65B3E-DA15-4F05-BCD9-284F5D5A20C0-2381-000003089CB5302E_zpsf1aa99cb.jpg

It just wasn't what I was expecting.....It's a good start, but I'd like to tweak it a bit. I think you could reduce down from (5) cans of corn to maybe (3). I would bet they used the (8) fresh ears of corn, rather than canned.

Puckett Creek

TAFKAP-

Yep it doesn't look quite right. I've made this recipe 20 -30 times and it turns out like the picture for me everytime. No idea what happened!

Doesn't quite look thick enough, which may be a roux problem. Hard to tell from the lighting in your pic, but doesn't look red enough - perhaps the tomato paste was skipped. And did you use 2 cans of cream corn or were they all reg. corn? Anyway, it sounds like you know what your doing in the kitchen and I bet you can turn it into exactly what you were hoping for!

-Pete

Latest posts