Losing hope for people…

Tn_Va_Hunter

Heck. I have that issue on private land too. Was hunting my wife's family's land. Here comes a neighbor. Walked 300 yards to me screaming I'm on his land. Said he owned 25 acres in this bottom. After getting him calmed down. I showed him the maps where he only has 3.66 acres. He wanted to call the sheriff on me, i said that would be great because he's my first cousin. He finally stormed off. We don't have a game warden for our county. They cover 3 counties. Very frustrating

ImThere

I've had guys walk up and carry conversation while I was up a tree. Had one guy put glow tacks in the tree I was in. I usually have good luck when other hunters are up moving deer.

Ski

In East Tn especially near where you live is tons of public land where you won't see a soul. i Can't imagine the misery of hunting the tracts that get so much pressure

Same here. I hunt public quite a bit and do encounter others sometimes but usually never near enough for communication, and of the rare times I've spoken with other hunters it was always cordial.

killingtime 41

This week all will be out on public. But the times of nobody knowing about TVA land and other wma spots are over. With all the online mapping. I hunted spots for years and never seen a soul. Now are covered in people. But they give up father quickly. So hang in there. It should thin out on a couple weeks time.

th88

It's the new normal. Just got to keep hammering and learn to adjust. At least that's what the YouTubers say that helped cause this crap show.

r2darr

Don't get too discouraged. I killed a decent buck on public 45 minutes after someone walked past me. Human intrusion can get deer moving.
This.
So many seasoned hunters complaining about transgressions, I don't hear anyone spot correcting these hunters. A conversation with your fellow hunter could set them in the right direction. Maybe that's what's changed the most over the generations: the lack of willingness to have a conversation.
Anecdotally, My experience is most hunters are not willing to help their fellow hunter. Maybe they see them as competition, I'm not sure. But there is almost no camaraderie in this industry.

Latest posts