Looking to get a muzzleloader!

Drop 4/5

I am new to the muzzleloading field and looking for any additional info from some of you vetran muzzleload hunters. Would like to keep it as simple as possible with out braking the bank first time around. Knight 50 cal seems to be the direction I am heading but I am open to suggestions!

Thanks Ron

Beekeeper

I have two. Both are T/C Omegas one is a .50 and the other is a .45. I have killed with both of them and have never had a miss fire with either one. Almost any one of the in-lines will do the job and it usually comes down to personal preference.

dh1984

yeah i'll go with a knight .50 i got a american knight and it's the best shooting gun i ever shot. and it's light on the wallet too i just paid 200.00 for mine new. and looking to get one for a cousin of mine but i think i'll get him one of them too.

cecil30-30

Don't count CVA out,they make some good quality ML's now,I would buy into the whole T/C ML,they are expensive,and you can get you a CVA for half of what a TC cost and it will shoot just as good.I really like my CVA kodiak mag with the nickle barrel.Its been a good un.

ratsnakeboogy

I've got a Knight Disc Elite .50 Blued with black synthetic stock for sale. It's been shot maybe 20 times. Bought it for my wife, but she wanted a .45. $225 and it looks new inside and out.

Model70Man

I'd go to a BPS or Gander Mtn and take a look at all of the ML's in your price range. The ML's of today are very different from the ML's 3 years ago. Check out the features that each one has. Some you will like and not like.

I prefer a Stainless ML that doesn't require numerous tools to break down to clean. I like easy access to the 209 primer breech plug. I like lightweight and 50 cal. I don't really care if it has a wood stock or synthetic.

Boone 58

A few guys on here own a Accura V2 from CVA with the highly touted Bergarra Barrels. Not only will you NOT break the bank you will get a MZ which shoots awesome! Take a look into their story!

BigD_625

Not Gander Mountain or BASS Pro Shop. You would be better served by a local dealer or even Wal-Mart. I know alot of people say Wal-Mart guns are second quality, but some of my most accurate guns came from there. I know the stores around me that sell guns usually have several left-over smokepoles in the back that they don't have displays for. They may even still be clearance priced from last season.

Model70Man

Drop 4/5 said:
Who has the best selection at a fair price?

Ron

Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mtn, Academy, Benton Shooters is where I would go to see what I liked. They would have a much larger selection than any Walmart. Then I would buy it online at Budsgunshop.com.

BigD_625

Walmart really only has CVA and a few Thompson Center. Other places have better selection, but their prices are impossible to beat, even on their higher end CVAs and TCs.

A

Anonymous

t/c arms is the bests of the best i would not own a knight if you gave me one. cva is ok.

smyrnagc

ratsnakeboogy said:
I've got a Knight Disc Elite .50 Blued with black synthetic stock for sale. It's been shot maybe 20 times. Bought it for my wife, but she wanted a .45. $225 and it looks new inside and out.

You should jump all over this! The closer we get to ML season the higher the price will get. The Knight Elites are tack drivers.

Latest posts