Sold/Expired Looking for some land

416wbymag

Looking for 20+ acres with or without house literally from Morgan County to Union County to Cosby to Tellico.

Looking for somewhere to hunt / retire and Looking for something feels like home and reasonably priced.

Rabbitkil

Looking for 20+ acres with or without house literally from Morgan County to Union County to Cosby to Tellico.

Looking for somewhere to hunt / retire and Looking for something feels like home and reasonably priced.
reasonably priced and East Tennessee doesn't go together especially south East Tennessee

killingtime 41

Land is through the roof deals use to be everywhere 5 to 7 years ago. Some farmers I know will sell small piece up front of the farm. Keep the rest laugh all the way to the bank. This is in east Tn. They said if they're dumb enough to pay 70,000 dollars for a 7 acre hill that's to steep for a billy goat I'll sell it to them. Idiots with all the big money from out of state is driving up the cost. But most are getting sold land that's garbage for very high prices. So the good stuff is out of this world expensive.

Chickenrig

It's happening everywhere guys
I saw it happen in S Fl years ago
1 acre was $12k now an ancre sells for $250k or more . Them rich big money folks are pushing out the good ol boys . I moved to SE Al. 5 yrs ago and since then the price has increased and them big money people are starting to look here now . I believe the good deal days might be gone 😩

gary66

really have to be careful, any where government has a hand in the restrictions keep growing. Looked at a wooded lot with no road access. Told the owners relator I'd need enough ground from the road back for access and I wasn't interested in an easement, I'd buy the ground, they agreed. "One more thing" I said... "Will the township allow building on the property with only 30' of frontage?" (road width). He was a little confused and agreed to ask... answer was no and the relator had no clue about it till I brought it up. If there is government control dig deep before buying and you'll probably lose to another buyer before you find out what you need to know, do not regret it. I inspect properties, it is amazing what is not disclosed people who know nothing fight over. Daughter bought a nice little farm after we looked at many. One we looked at was a brick ranch, as I looked at it I noticed there was no foundation at all under the brick which was almost at grade. I called the relator outside and asked if anything seemed odd to her...then I pointed out the fake bricks that came in sheets like plywood. She was shocked, contacted the sellers relator, they took the listing down. A week later they put up the same listing, it was sold in days.

Never been more true than today... "buyer beware".

Daughter ended up with a 4 acre farm, 1 of them a pasture, some barns and a nice little house...99,000. That was 4 years ago. You can find what you want, takes time and someone who knows what's what.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Daughter ended up with a 4 acre farm, 1 of them a pasture, some barns and a nice little house...99,000. That was 4 years ago. You can find what you want, takes time and someone who knows what's what.
That's a deal. Probably not many like that left. Land her has gone crazy too, 5X what it was 10 years ago. I used to live in the country, the city has moved to me.

SSlater

My sis in law is off sugar Grove and have a ton of acreage. Would love to find close to them
That link I sent you seemed reasonable. I think it would be a wise investment for after flat rock opens. This area is getting ready to boom. Biggest setback is going to be the lack of workforce but a lot of out of state money has moved into and will continue to move in and they want/will want services.

PickettSFHunter

Here's a good one. 28 acres in Fentress County recently auctioned. No hunting value to the place, though outsiders wouldn't know that. On a creek that you can float maybe if it rains a lot. 2/28 acres are buildable but there are no utilities. The road in is alittle over a mile of gravel that the county calls a private road but the county has historically maintained it as a favor, yeah you read that right. The road is so steep that equipment has to be hauled out with a dozer in the lead and you have to ford a creek twice going in and out. You can't get in or out of it rains or snows. There is no way to reroute the road due to bluff lines. Online auction sale price was right at $280k.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
People from California and Florida are moving here like crazy. Inflated the property values to the point locals can't afford the taxes.
I live in Alabama now. I don't think TN had this when I lived in the state, but here we have a homestead exemption that reduces the tax rate on your primary residence and then a fair use clause that keeps the taxes low on farmland and timber that is located near built up areas. So at least we have that. My wife and I want to downsize. We could sell our house, but can't find anything that isn't crazy priced or in one of the subdivisions that are built porch to patio and I won't move into one of those places.

Latest posts