Looking for chevy trucks

Grainger

There is a guy "Thompson's" up in Grainger Co who is a part time used car dealer. Right now he has 5-6 of exactly what you're looking for—early to mid 80s Chevy shortbeds.

865 828 5522
6728 Hwy 92 Rutledge, TN 37861

I don't know the guy personally, but I've stopped at his lot many a time to look at some of his vehicles.

If I can remember, on the way home from work, I'll try and get you a few pics of what he's got.

Tenntrapper

There is a guy "Thompson's" up in Grainger Co who is a part time used car dealer. Right now he has 5-6 of exactly what you're looking for—early to mid 80s Chevy shortbeds.

865 828 5522
6728 Hwy 92 Rutledge, TN 37861

I don't know the guy personally, but I've stopped at his lot many a time to look at some of his vehicles.

If I can remember, on the way home from work, I'll try and get you a few pics of what he's got.
Is that the guy at end of Lakeshore?
If so, I've seen those trucks.

BigRod

I know the guy your talking about. He did have a grave yard for old square bodies. I bought a bench seat from a feller up that way for mine.

Grainger

Is that the guy at end of Lakeshore?
If so, I've seen those trucks.
Yeah, the Cherokee end of Lakeshore.

I like the looks of that red Ford he's got mixed in with the Chevys right now. Can't believe he hasn't sold that white 'Yota yet.

Several yrs ago he had a Chevelle striped and painted like a 69 Yenko, but it had a lil badge on front fender that said "396"; all my research always said the Yenko was a 427, nonetheless I was hot for that car.

Bought more land instead, oh well....maybe someday

Tenntrapper

Yeah, the Cherokee end of Lakeshore.

I like the looks of that red Ford he's got mixed in with the Chevys right now. Can't believe he hasn't sold that white 'Yota yet.

Several yrs ago he had a Chevelle striped and painted like a 69 Yenko, but it had a lil badge on front fender that said "396"; all my research always said the Yenko was a 427, nonetheless I was hot for that car.

Bought more land instead, oh well....maybe someday
Can't speak specifically about that Chevelle, but Yenko was a car dealership...they did all kinds of things. May have actually been one...
This is going off memory...and they say that's the first thing to go so...

Grainger

Stopped by Thompsons this evening on the way home, 5 long bed early 80's Chevys and GMC.

1 Short bed stepside, it was already sold.

The best looking of the longbeds was a C20 "camper special" or something like that, I remember them from when I was young.

Here's a pic of the C20D9574842-3368-486E-B536-83CC4C503B8A.jpeg

Heres a pic of another one, need a rear bumperB16507EA-C50E-47DC-92B2-4476EA25951B.jpeg

There's 3 more, if you want to see them--a little rougher than these 2, and I've got an updated phone #712C98AA-2031-4721-B06E-79CFC9F75AFC.jpeg

Latest posts