bigtex

And they were delicious!!!!

Attachments

• schrooms.jpg
    schrooms.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 759

Buzzard Breath

:super:

I'm going to have to get back out and look. I've only been finding a couple at a time, but I haven't been looking the past couple weeks.

bigtex

Buzzard Breath":169hd08h said:
:super:

I'm going to have to get back out and look. I've only been finding a couple at a time, but I haven't been looking the past couple weeks.
I've been looking every couple of days but wasn't finding much until yesterday. At first I was only finding one here and there but finally hit the mother load and found a pretty good size clump of them. I left plenty for seed so hopefully in another day or so I'll gather some more.

bigtex

Volbuck777":2dds4i6a said:
Good deal do they grow in East Tennessee and if so where should I look.
Yes they grow in East Tn. I found these in McMinn Co.
I usually find mine in the same location year after year but not sure why they are there unless it's because of the spores that are in the ground. I've found them on hillsides, flat ground, hardwoods and pine thickets, i've never found them in a location that gets full sun light though. Like most schrooms they like moisture.

Volbuck777

Good deal I hunt for morels but don't have much luck, even though I've watched all these videos telling me where to look. May have to try my hand at these. Do they taste like morels.

bigtex

Not sure if they do or not. I flour morels and fry them. I saute Chanterells in butter with a little salt and pepper.
I like morels but prefer Oyster and the Chanterells.

Latest posts