Local owned places to eat in Southern Middle Tennessee.

FTG-05

Shaffer's Farms Texas bbq in Summertown has got some good brisket. I like their smoked sausage too.

Legends Express (also called "Legends Brisket Express") in Lawrenceburg has got some good brisket also.
Dang, I forgot about Shaffer's! I just had some of their Fred Flintstone ribs a couple days ago.

We stop in there everytime we're in the area. About the best brisket there is (Corner Pit is a little better usually). Great butcher shop to boot!

cathunter

Sarges shack Pulaski. Eat there a few times while working in the area. Love sarges marinated ribeye!!!!It would be awesome if someone would start a thread and compile all the good local restaurants all over the state. I travel a lot for work and am always seeking out the local restaurants.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Sarges shack Pulaski. Eat there a few times while working in the area. Love sarges marinated ribeye!!!!It would be awesome if someone would start a thread and compile all the good local restaurants all over the state. I travel a lot for work and am always seeking out the local restaurants.
Eaten there a few times

FTG-05

Ask and ye shall receive:

I need to call/write them and ask for a restaurant name and location list; haven't done it yet.

FTG-05

Two more for you:

Hagys' Catfish Hotel, just north of Shiloh National Cemetery:

The Outpost, just down the road, north of Pickwick Dam. I haven't eaten here, but here's the TN Crossroads video segment on it:

And a little further down the road south of Pickwick Dam: https://www.facebook.com/Pickwick-Catfish-Farm-201352043234466/ I haven't eaten here either, but it's supposed to be very good according to several natives on Arfcom.

JCDEERMAN

Another one I want to check out: Fish Camp Restaurant just north of Centerville (about 18 miles north of Amber Falls Winery):

Thanks for sharing that. I haven't eaten there in several years, but drive by it weekly. It's about 15 minutes from our place. I remember it being very good, but I do remember always asking for the bigger catfish filets, because I seemed to always get the plates full of small fish and all I could taste was the batter. Give it a try.

FTG-05

Thanks for sharing that. I haven't eaten there in several years, but drive by it weekly. It's about 15 minutes from our place. I remember it being very good, but I do remember always asking for the bigger catfish filets, because I seemed to always get the plates full of small fish and all I could taste was the batter. Give it a try.
Planning on it when my cousin and his wife visit next week!

bowhunterfanatic

Two more for you:

Hagys' Catfish Hotel, just north of Shiloh National Cemetery:

The Outpost, just down the road, north of Pickwick Dam. I haven't eaten here, but here's the TN Crossroads video segment on it:

And a little further down the road south of Pickwick Dam: https://www.facebook.com/Pickwick-Catfish-Farm-201352043234466/ I haven't eaten here either, but it's supposed to be very good according to several natives on Arfcom.

The Outpost is great...however Hagy's not so much. Hagy's atmostphere is fantastic but there are much, much better fried catfish in the area. Catfish Farms catfish blow Hagy's out of the water.

Latest posts