Livescope…pole mount or trolling motor shaft…..

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Pole mount no other option makes a shred of sense.
If the wind is blowing out of the west and you wanna fish facing east how ya gonna set there and look at the fish if it's mounted to the trolling motor ?

YMMV

redblood

If the wind is blowing out of the west and you wanna fish facing east how ya gonna set there and look at the fish if it's mounted to the trolling motor ?

YMMV
I agree. And i have an ulterra with soot lock. 80 pound thrust seems like it would vibrate the crap out of it. But i noticed almost everyone mounts on trolling motor it seems

JCDEERMAN

I agree. And i have an ulterra with soot lock. 80 pound thrust seems like it would vibrate the crap out of it. But i noticed almost everyone mounts on trolling motor it seems
Pole mount - that's what my FIL has and the only one that make sense to me. Simple to maneuver and know where to cast

Spurhunter

Entirely depends on how you fish.
This! You are correct that it depends on how you fish. The crappie on Sardis and Enid where I fish suspend in open water, and I've yet to see anyone with their transducer on a separate pole. When sniping crappie in open water it's too much trouble to run the trolling motor, scan with one hand, and fish with the other hand. We are constantly moving and scanning. However, I think if you fish brushpiles and standing timber the separate pole could be better. I have a homemade pole mount fom mine that I made just to try. I had discarded the idea of a separate pole, but I'm thinking about trying it again in the standing timber on windy days. I can spotlock, point the xducer at the tree/fish and fish for him without trying to control the boat, stay off the tree, etc. Some of the guys I fish with hate fishing trees because it's harder to stay off the trees in the wind and stay on the fish. Obviously it's all personal preference based on how you fish. I'm no expert and still in the learning curve, but I'm willing to adjust to the situation, and I enjoy fishing trees.

Tn Joe

I started out with mine on a pole but after switching from a terrova to a ultrex TM I put it on the shaft and it's hands down better for me. My brain had trouble telling my foot which way to turn the TM and my hand which way to turn the LS pole at the same time lol.

TRIGGER

Simple answer for me now that I have experience with it. BOTH lol. I started with the trolling motor mount and that's definitely the way to go until I'm spot locked. When I fish off shore I use spot lock frequently. I added a pole and second transducer to use when spot locked. When I'm not going to be using spot lock much I turn the second transducer to perspective mode.

bluball

YMMV
98% of the guys fishing big crappie tournaments have it on the shaft.On a pole is better for spot locking,beginners fishing structure.But chasing suspended crappie its alot harder on the pole.On the shaft its easier to chase down suspended fish.A big heavy boat with crappie brakes make it alot easier also when on the shaft.

redblood

Im going to ake some adjustments to the pole and see if that helps. The problem is that i dont ise my foot thing on the trolling motot. I usually just use the remote hanging Round my neck. In fact, ive never used a foot trolling motor guide. My river boat set up always had hand steered trolling motos

Latest posts