Limit of white bass this morning

BuckWild

Me and the wife hit the river about 8:30 and had a limit of 30 in less than two hours.

Had six over 16 inches, several more over 14 inches.

Overall nice size white bass.

20220501_113226.jpg
20220501_113710.jpg

BuckWild

very nice. any yellows mixed in with them?
Not a single one. Haven't caught a yellow all week. Just got back from taking my neighbor out. He had never caught any white bass. I handed him my rod and he was all into it. He caught 12 and a nice 3 lb channel cat before my trolling motor batteries gave out. I forgot to charge them last night and that wind got up and that was it. LoL

JBell

Nice. We shoulda went after them. Tried crappie one more time and they had vanished. Nothing but 6" fish on the shallow beds. Caught one 11 1/2" on 8' brush pile. But I think they are done and moving out. Time to let them stage while I chase bluegill and shell cracker. Then get back after them. Did catch a 7# catfish

Attachments

• BD214661-7FCD-461D-A16A-B6EE8F7B2BC5.jpeg
    BD214661-7FCD-461D-A16A-B6EE8F7B2BC5.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 50

Terrier

I bet that was a blast !
Always heard they are pretty good to eat ?
Nice, firm flesh with a good flavor. That's about the only fish I eat lately, 'cuz they're easy to catch in quantity. I skim off the brown part of the filet and it has a much milder flavor. The brown part can be a bit fishy tasting, but then, some folks like that.

When I was in Baghdad, a bunch of us would go fishing every Sunday. About 7 different species of carp lived in the canals and lakes that were everywhere around the Victory Base complex, plus a fish called an Asp. It looked like a cross between a bass and a snook, but the meat was more like a skipjack. The Indonesians/Asian guys that drove a lot of the trucks would honk their horn if they saw us taking a picture with one and beg for it to put in their curry. They'd wrap it up in a newspaper and take off with it, happy as clams. They'd get pissed when we refused to give 'em the big ones... We wanted to catch 'em again, so it was catch and release for the big'uns, but you couldn't pay me to eat one.

BuckWild

Went out yesterday and caught 2.

Lake was like glass, absolutely no current. Fish stacked up on the same drop offs we fished Sunday but were not interested in biting. Wife did catch a 9 lb channel cat though. LoL talk about excitement...

Latest posts