Lime ?

RobbyW

I tried my first food plots last year, but I am getting serious this year. I had soil samples done and need lime. Here is what it tells me:
Field 1- 2.5 acres 2000 lbs
Field 2- 1 acre 2000 lbs
Feild 3- .75 acre 3000 lbs.

All three are going to be a mix of clovers and the report is to get the PH to 7. I don't have access to a tractor and I don't think they can get a truck to field 2 and 3. Bagged line is going to run me $1500 if I did my math right. What are you suggestions? Could I just put it in my truck bed and rake it out? Ideas?

Boone 58

RobbyW said:
I tried my first food plots last year, but I am getting serious this year. I had soil samples done and need lime. Here is what it tells me:
Field 2- 1 acre 2000 lbs

All three are going to be a mix of clovers and the report is to get the PH to 7. I don't have access to a tractor and I don't think they can get a truck to field 2 and 3. Bagged line is going to run me $1500 if I did my math right. What are you suggestions? Could I just put it in my truck bed and rake it out? Ideas?

Here is how i have spread almost 50,000 over the last 9 years. My trailer i pull behind the truck will hold 2500#'s with ease, i off load it onto a 10cu ft cart and use a small scoop to sling it. the shovel is used to load only as it is heavy and hurts...the small scoop looks ridiculous but actually helps it get distributed with the least amount of long term inflicted pain. this cart will make about 6 trips to the fields...we have 40....and it works quiet well believe it or not. For me this is a "love hobby".....so unlike many lazy i wanna only hunt and kill deer kinda hunters..........i find it satisfying and the results have been outstanding. Kudos to those who have and can afford the expensive equipement......i would too........but for those of us who think they cant..............you can!!!
We have gotten great results. :)

061909_1148c.jpg

ResizedImage_1332468819479.jpg

061909_1107a-1.jpg

Donk

Start out with about half the lime recommened and check again late summer.Lime ,if bagged will cost you about $1.00 per 10lbs.A 40lb bag is $3.50 plus Tax.Looks like you need around 7000lbs total.I would start with 3500lbs and check it again around August.Money wise that would be around $350.00.Buy yourself a PH meter and check it your self.you really dont want to go over the 7.0.That is the ideal PH.Things will grow really good between 6.5.and 7.0.

BlountArrow

RobbyW said:
Field 2- 1 acre 2000 lbs

What about illegal aliens?

Latest posts