Like a kid the days leading up to Christmas morning!

PalsPal

I'm about to bust.

Made my first listen this morning and was greeted to the greatest sound in the outdoors. He gobbled 6-8 times in the 5 minutes I was there. I decided to back out, and check another spot to no avail, but that's OK.

Let the games begin!

I'm ready for the frustrations, sleep deprivation, aches, and memories that await!

Hope everyone has a great and safe season!

fairchaser

I'm excited too but the weather may dampen my spirits Saturday as the forecast is for thunderstorms. It's a long season though and I'm glad it's getting started. I'm so exhausted thinking about CWD and the deer herd, it's nice to get back to some normalcy with turkey hunting. My scouting has been positive for a good number of birds this year.

Shanman

I'm extremely excited but going to let the googans have their fun this weekend, I'll start hunting during the week as much as possible. Took the boy this past weekend and had birds all around us then a older gent walked up on us and ruined it......the Joy's of public land. Hope everyone has a fun and safe opening weekend.

PickettSFHunter

I'm ready and excited but honestly feel that it opens way to early in a lot of TN. Just hope I can find some public birds as the private birds don't bring me as much of a level of excitement anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timberghost35

Wide awake this morning at 2 am. Got new Nomad threads in yest and washed them and had to try them on. Yea at 2am I was standing in my living room in full camo... You should have seen the wife's reaction when she came to see why the lights were on... Haha..

Got to work all wknd. But am making the drive easy Monday morning.

Good luck to everyone. Be careful with the storms suppose to come through.

Andy S.

tickweed":34stawk5 said:
You guys are crazy. I love to turkey hunt, but the only time I get that tore up is over ducks.
I'm just the opposite, could hunt turkeys year round and would be fine if there was never a duck season. To me, every duck is the same, very much like shooting squirrels. Other than a few select ducks (pintails, canvasbacks, etc), and jewelry, they are just another quacking duck, that all look the same. I understand the camaraderie appeal to duck hunting, but nothing about a duck itself excites me anymore.

REN

Andy S.":1akkeipt said:
tickweed":1akkeipt said:
You guys are crazy. I love to turkey hunt, but the only time I get that tore up is over ducks.
I'm just the opposite, could hunt turkeys year round and would be fine if there was never a duck season. To me, every duck is the same, very much like shooting squirrels. Other than a few select ducks (pintails, canvasbacks, etc), and jewelry, they are just another quacking duck, that all look the same. I understand the camaraderie appeal to duck hunting, but nothing about a duck itself excites me anymore.

haha same here. These days when it comes to duck hunting Im more excited about being away from home hanging with my buddies for a few days more then the actual hunting part.

fairchaser

Andy S.":2587lsga said:
tickweed":2587lsga said:

Seems like turkey hunting and duck hunting would attract the same kind of hunter. Both are calling some kind of bird but I'll take turkey hunting over duck hunting any day. I'll spend some rediculous amounts of money to hunt but when I hear about what some of these duck leases and clubs cost, it even makes me blanch. I can think of a hundred different ways to blow money on hunting but not on ducks. I'll confess I spent a few hundred on a duck lease once, but the good clubs are in the tens of thousands. I don't even care to eat a duck that much either. They are pretty though and have a couple of nice mounts. I usually won't turn down an invite to a high dollar club but I do think twice about having to buy the stamps and licenses. I guess I turn back into the Scrooge on ducks. It's kind of weird. They just don't do much for me.

REN

its does attrack some of the same type of hunters however what makes duck hunting lower on my list (and I do love to duck hunt) is it is generally freaking COLD and I hate being cold lol. 2nd the calling is super fun like turkey hunting but you are not really mobile ducking hunting like you are turkey hunting. I enjoy the movement parts of turkey much much more.

gobblinfool

My spring break starts tomorrow.....and i have been going out before school to listen, it will be a challenge as most of the birds are on adjoining property, hope to hunt ft campbell some as well.....have to spend the afternoons looking for a new career.......

Latest posts