Leupold VX-I 3-9x40

D GRAY

Thoughts on this scope, please, just trying to get going, will be moving to TN in the summer, want to do some deer hunting, trying to get some things together, just found out my wonderful, did I say wonderful wife bought me a Remington 700 CDL in 3006 for Christmas, was thinking about this scope, have a budget, what do you guys think..... thanks

N2deer

I like the leupold. But check out the mentioned burris. Save a few bucks and its just as good. Like the 3200 also.

stik

my nephew hated the burris on his rifle. it was replaced with a leupold. i am slowly replacing all my bushnell scopes with leupolds. you won't be sorry with the leupold.

TNhunter

DO NOT let anyone sway you to the 3200 Elite compared to the Leupold VX1 without putting them side/side for yourself. No way does the 3200 come close to clarity and brightness to me. This is my own opinion, but I looked really closely at the two when I bought my last scope for my Ultra Slug Hunter. Opted for the Leupold.

Bambi Buster

Belated welcome to TnDeer. My preference in general is strongly toward Leupold. Most of the other brands mentioned above should give you good results, but if you should ever need service, Leupold's warranty and reputation for customer support is hard to match or beat.

I have an Elite 3200. It now sits on my squirrel rifle. Light gathering is not good at all. Neither are the Nikons. I don't have a VX-I, so I cannot comment on them. I have seven VX-III's and the scopes mentioned above (Nikon, Elite) do not compare. I have one VX-II and I like it just fine, too.

PickettSFHunter

I think you would be pleased with it. It doesnt take oodles of money to get a scope to hunt/kill deer with. I would hate to see the stack of deer I killed with a Tasco when I was youunger and just wanted a scope that would hold zero and I could kill deer with.

Latest posts