Let's talk packs

Rakkin6

Tactical Tailor rucksack for any overnight hunt on public land. Just a day hunt I actually just carry a Magellan (Academy Sports brand) camo pack. Where I do the majority of my hunting (Fort Campbell) you can't quarter them out in the woods. Have to wait until you are off the base, if the game wardens stops you they want to be able to verify your kill. You can field dress only. But occasionally I do hunt up in Indiana with my buddy and we hike in a good ways and setup camp and quarter everything out.

Tanker1

I have an Alps Big Bear hunting pack that is great. It is a fanny pack that can expand to a rucksack if needed. I also bought the turkey calls attachment and the bino case as well. My only complaint is that the bino case is a bit small. Fortunately my Leupold Yosemite binos are small so they fit.

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
For most of my TN hunting I use a Black's Creek day pack maybe about 2000ci. For western hunting I recommend you look at EXO Mountain (internal frame) light weight load hauling pack. I haul backcountry camp in it and hopefully meat out :)

Omega

I have a few Army issue packs, but I use a cheap >$20 pack I found on sale at WM. I just pack my retrieval gear and lunch, with a cup of coffee and an extra bottle of water so don't want/need anything fancy.

KatManDew

Anyone use Tenzing? Wondering what the difference is in the 7.2 vs the Cinch. On MFG site, it says Cinch. On Amazon, title says Cinch, but on pack it is marked 7.2 and in reviews they are saying the amazon version is a knock off. Anyone know the difference in these?

gary66

always use a fanny pack hand warmer around home and away. When away I add a pack made out of some silent hide stuff, had it for years. Spent it's entire life in the outdoors, sheltered in the woods, holds some essentials and always always a wool coat for when the cold gets to be too much. The climber is the frame, the pack fits it. I don't discourage birds, bugs or cobwebs from keeping it honest in the woods.

I layer up, plenty of pockets. I need a few things, water in a silent container (hard to find), binoculars, wool coat, small stuff (knife/tags/gutting gloves/head lamp/gps, toilet paper), stand and weapon...oh and some kind of no-doze, not there to nap. As long as I can get to the water and binoculars while on stand and I'm almost always glassing, I don't need to pack in much so any seasoned pack will do.

NO VELCRO AND SILENT AS CAN BE.

one other thing is always with the pack, one of those 20 dollar tree stand umbrella's. Best 20 bucks anyone can ever spend who's ever been up a tree in the rain.

tree_ghost

Anyone use Tenzing? Wondering what the difference is in the 7.2 vs the Cinch. On MFG site, it says Cinch. On Amazon, title says Cinch, but on pack it is marked 7.2 and in reviews they are saying the amazon version is a knock off. Anyone know the difference in these?
I have a 1250 lumbar pack. It's nice

Claims Rep.

TwngtBh.jpg
I'll be giving this Tenzing Hangtime a go this coming season. It looks sturdy, and I think it'll do well.

tonybart55

If I'm doing an all day hunt and I have to pack in snack and a jacket and junk, I'll use my Slumberjack Hone backpack, but if it's a short hunt or I don't need very much gear, I have a smaller, lighter , cheap backpack that I got at either cabelas or academy, can't remember which one.

Polarkraft

EXO it carries everything. It's also way to big but I like the versatility the frame bag gives me

Latest posts