Let's see your 'do all' fishing & hunting boats

woodyard

I bought one in Oct.after studying them for a year or so. Got a Crestliner TC 18, I got a deal with getting a bigger motor than I was going to. Studied Trackers, rangers and several others. Decided Crestliner was the best for the money.

SilverFox

I don't have a hunting boat so to say but I could use it as one if needed. It's a G3 Sportsman 19. The boat is 19'10 long and has a Yamaha 150 4stroke motor. It's a 50-55 mph boat. I don't have it broke in yet. It has about 2 1/2 - 3 hours on the motor. I primarily bass fish but with a 4 year old I'd hope to do some bream and crappie fishing this year. He has Asperger Syndrome so it's not a given. We will see how it goes.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
This is my U.S.S. Minnow :)
She has a different motor and a front deck on her now though.

She has been to local TWRA lakes, KY lake, Caney Fork and on the White River in Arkansas (NOT a good idea) fishing.
She has served me well as a duck hunting boat as well. :)

I absolutely love it.
I would love to go from my 25 to a 40 horse motor but she still does what I need her to.

7mm08

2015 201 Scout
Rides like a Cadillac even in chop. Easy to fish out of as well. Drafts 10" loaded. It whispered to me the other day that it wanted a jackplate before I retired!!!

drrxnupe

SilverFox":2lo1g68g said:
I don't have a hunting boat so to say but I could use it as one if needed. It's a G3 Sportsman 19. The boat is 19'10 long and has a Yamaha 150 4stroke motor. It's a 50-55 mph boat. I don't have it broke in yet. It has about 2 1/2 - 3 hours on the motor. I primarily bass fish but with a 4 year old I'd hope to do some bream and crappie fishing this year. He has Asperger Syndrome so it's not a given. We will see how it goes.

A buddy of mine has a son with Asperger's as well. He asked me about taking them fishing a year ago but we haven't been able to do so due to our hectic lives (he's a Vandy trauma surgeon). I hope that we'll accomplish it at some point in the near future. Good luck with getting your son out as well.

Model70Man

This is my do everything boat. It's a Ranger RP190 aluminum bay boat. It has a 115 hp Mercury 4 stroke and will run 53 mph and rides like a glass boat. It handles rough water with ease with the wide 96 inch beam and drafts 2 inches above the white line in the second pic which is approximately 10 inches. I tournament bass fish out of my boat and it's rigged with a 80# Fortrex and Humminbird electronics at the console and bow. I trout fish on the Clinch River with my boat. I like to put in at Miller's Island and run up to the wier dam and then make a run down below Peach Orchard and then back up to Miller's Island. It has a hydraulic jack plate for skinny water but I mainly use the jack plate for optimizing performance and speed. I have hunted the past 2 deer seasons using my boat. It works very well in the shallow areas and has plenty of room for all of our gear and then some. If I get blood or mud in it it's no big deal. It has the Rawhide interior. I simply get the water hose and spray it out. In the summer I fish bare foot and my feet do not get hot standing on the deck. This summer we bought a tube to pull on the lake for our kids and there was plenty of room for all 5 of us and the tube. This boat is by far the best all around boat I've ever had.

Attachments

• 20170409_173335.jpg
    20170409_173335.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 3,060
  • 20170409_173636.jpg
    20170409_173636.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 3,062
  • 20160702_135022.jpg
    20160702_135022.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3,061

catman529

Re: Let's see your 'do all' fishing & hunting boats

This canoe will go anywhere, haul 2 guys and hunting gear, a dead deer, and of course is great for fishing too. The only thing it won't do is go fast or carry a bigger load. The 34lb Motorguide pushes it pretty good.
562fab7c970da43ce29aa804a24348be.jpg

My 14' V-hull is becoming a project this winter soon as I get enough time off work to start working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
duckriver":1xlpq0w1 said:
1652 Alwed Flat Marsh series tunnel hull pushed by a mercury 60/40 jet

I am trying real hard not to buy some of those seats for my boat.
I bet they are REAL comfortable.

spoonie

duckriver":hoopnomj said:
What kind of top speed are you getting out of that rig?
I'm in the market for a jet outboard rig this spring, I've narrowed down my hull to either an alweld or blazer, although I did see a havoc with a jet that looked sharp the other day
Does the tunnel hull perform better than just a flatbottom for you

duckriver

RUGER":pkq2ew5z said:
duckriver":pkq2ew5z said:

Hands down worth every penny. They are awesome

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
duckriver":1edjfp0x said:
RUGER":1edjfp0x said:
duckriver":1edjfp0x said:

I was afraid you would say that.
I hunted out of one of their hang on stands in Illinois one year. By far, bar none, the most comfortable stand I have ever put my rather large butt in.

duckriver

spoonie":25pfl9gn said:
duckriver":25pfl9gn said:
What kind of top speed are you getting out of that rig?
I'm in the market for a jet outboard rig this spring, I've narrowed down my hull to either an alweld or blazer, although I did see a havoc with a jet that looked sharp the other day
Does the tunnel hull perform better than just a flatbottom for you

I'm 6'3" 260. With a buddy of mine who's 250, loaded cooler, all our gear I'm running 28. By myself I'm hitting 34.

Tunnel hull is definitely the way to go. But get the right one. There are tunnel hulls for jets and there are tunnel hulls for props. The prop hulls will allow to much air to get in the jet foot

duckriver

Get you some ruger I've been replaying all my stands the last few years with millennium stands one per year. I haven't found anything that compares.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
duckriver":3n1fmjve said:
Get you some ruger I've been replaying all my stands the last few years with millennium stands one per year. I haven't found anything that compares.

After I get my depth finder a couple of them are on my list.
Right now I am using a couple lawn mower seats that I got from work.
They were sent in with the wrong seat kill switch in them and couldn't be fixed and couldn't be put on any units so they had to throw them away.
They are NICE gel filled commercial grade seats, to the tune of $500.00 each.
Very very comfortable but they are rather large and HEAVY.
Kind of a pain to walk around and I absolutely HATE taking them in and out of the boat.

duckriver

RUGER":epi51asr said:
duckriver":epi51asr said:

After I get my depth finder a couple of them are on my list.
Right now I am using a couple lawn mower seats that I got from work.
They were sent in with the wrong seat kill switch in them and couldn't be fixed and couldn't be put on any units so they had to throw them away.
They are NICE gel filled commercial grade seats, to the tune of $500.00 each.
Very very comfortable but they are rather large and HEAVY.
Kind of a pain to walk around and I absolutely HATE taking them in and out of the boat.

Those sound awesome too!

JeepKuntry

Got her last month. First time on the water was yesterday. 2015 Xpress 1546, 20hp Mercury, 55lb. trolling motor. Gonna use it to bowfish, panfish, and get to places where most won't go to deer hunt.

waterman

duckriver":3vp3seue said:
RUGER":3vp3seue said:
duckriver":3vp3seue said:

Thanks a lot ! just HAD to show me those. just ordered 2 :party:

Latest posts