Fishing Kayak Set ups

C1295

Been fishing from my Kayak for a few years, want to see some others set ups. Let me see what you all have got.

Specializedjon

San Francisco Giants Baseball GIF by MLB

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Part of me wonders if I should work toward getting a kayak…but then I think to myself, "shoot, for not that much more, I could probably get a used aluminum boat." So I remain on the fence.

This of course is compared to s 12' with a trolling motor, fish finder, etc.

Hduke86

Phil I don't know how in the world you fish out of that thing being as tall as you are. I will say that those types of seats on your kayak make a HUGE difference in comfort. I fish off one of my boys' kayak from time to time but it's the molded plastic seat type. I guarantee you within the hour my spine feels like it's on FIRE.

hillbillyfab

Part of me wonders if I should work toward getting a kayak…but then I think to myself, "shoot, for not that much more, I could probably get a used aluminum boat." So I remain on the fence.

I've got a 12' aluminum Jon boat, that we fish out of on our electric only lakes around here. I messed up and sold a 10' Jon boat that was perfect for my needs as a poor man's kayak.

MidTennFisher

What kayak do you have? I started kayak fishing in 2013 in a Ride 115. Since then I switched to a NuCanoe F10 but recently upgraded to the Flint. I like the Flint more because it tracks better and is easier to paddle. Not quite as stable as the F10 but still stable enough that I can stand plenty and fish.

That F10 was so stable I could probably do a backflip and not fall out. But it was sluggish to paddle and that got annoying. And the seat from that year of design was absolutley awful. The webbing sagged real bad so you were sitting on hardware, very uncomfortable. I had to shove padding in there. The newer seat that came on the Flint is super comfy.

C1295

What kayak do you have? I started kayak fishing in 2013 in a Ride 115. Since then I switched to a NuCanoe F10 but recently upgraded to the Flint. I like the Flint more because it tracks better and is easier to paddle. Not quite as stable as the F10 but still stable enough that I can stand plenty and fish.

That F10 was so stable I could probably do a backflip and not fall out. But it was sluggish to paddle and that got annoying. And the seat from that year of design was absolutley awful. The webbing sagged real bad so you were sitting on hardware, very uncomfortable. I had to shove padding in there. The newer seat that came on the Flint is super comfy.
pelican Challenger from Academy had it for about 4 years now. Had a little old school Kayak before and it was not fun to fish from at all..... Flipped and capsized more than I caught fish. When you caught a blue gill in it it was like you had jaws on the line. But the challenger fits me pretty good and I am able stand up and cast on it when I am anchored.

7mm08

Phil I don't know how in the world you fish out of that thing being as tall as you are. I will say that those types of seats on your kayak make a HUGE difference in comfort. I fish off one of my boys' kayak from time to time but it's the molded plastic seat type. I guarantee you within the hour my spine feels like it's on FIRE.
Maybe it was those 700-1000 sit ups I did every night when I played college tennis that built my core up! My problem is I wish my legs weren't so long when I'm in this thing.

Lt.Dan

When you've decided let me know. I have 2 types of Kayaks for sale. A sit in style and sit on top style. The ad is in TNDeer classifieds. It may be under the expired section by now.

Last edited:

7mm08

Do they make kayak seats that are easy for fat people with bad knees to get up out of rather than rolling onto the ground like a walrus?
The one I have isn't bad, and I am a big dude
With one artificial knee, and a completely torn meniscus in the other…. Not to mention I'm 66. Standing up in one…… hello no!

Latest posts