LBL Draws Are Completed

MrClif

Got a point, I figured it would be tougher with season being pushed back everywhere else.

TheLBLman

I drew first hunt for Ky side.
I thought about applying for the KY side, but then, decided not.

In a coordinated effort geared at preventing the same thing to wild turkey populations that as happened to our bobwhite quail, many WMAs no longer have "bonus" birds, as any turkeys taken there simply count toward the statewide bag limit.

But on LBL, not only is there no longer a "bonus" turkey for the quota hunts, but the annual limit is simply one (1) turkey, regardless which side of the state line you get it. If you kill a turkey on the KY side of LBL this year, then you cannot turkey hunt those 2 non-quota weeks on the TN side.

I do believe this counting "same as statewide" can only help the turkey populations, but is something avid turkey hunters now have to think about when planning their trips. And would think no more "bonus" birds greatly reduces the number of non-resident hunters on our already crowded WMAs, which will still be crowded, but maybe not as bad as the past few years.

Andy S.

And would think no more "bonus" birds greatly reduces the number of non-resident hunters on our already crowded WMAs, which will still be crowded, but maybe not as bad as the past few years.
......and resident hunters. Exactly why I did not apply for LBL TN side this year, along with the reports I have received last two years (TN side).

Last edited:

Buzzard Breath

I hunted the TN side 2 years ago and hunted through the entire hunt. I thought I heard a turkey twice the first morning, but by the end of the day, I'd convinced myself I'd just heard a dog bark a couple times. That was after definitely hearing a dog bark later in the day. I did see a hen the second day after one of the hog trappers gave me some info. He saw me at the car, refilling my water and snacks and pulled in and told me some things he knew.

Latest posts