Laurel hill

High Forrest Hunter

I hunted it last year. It was a nightmare. Hunters all over the place. They draw like 500 tags for those quota hunt weekends. Best bet hunting there is the open two week season at the start of the year.

If your gonna go, get there super early. Like parked at 4am and ready to go.

Duck dogn

Yeap hunted it hard since like 1998 now its alot more crowded. Back when I camped at the old checking station twra had sheds of huge bucks from there, I saw lots of good 8 pts but then it was 9 point rule instead of spread but last 4 years I've lost lots of interest in that place tons of alabama folks come up to hunt now. Back then maybe 50 or 60 out of the 500 hunted now I think all 500 hunt

Headhunter

Only 2 WMA's that I have hunted that I have not ever killed a deer, Catoosa and Laurel Hill. I went to Catoosa a lot when I was younger but never really saw any deer at all and did see several other hunters there. I was going back this year, but put in for wrong weekend and got drawn same hunt as opening weekend of gun season in KY.

I never have trouble getting away from people at Laurel Hill, I have trouble seeing deer there. I almost have never seen a dead deer on a vehicle there. I like hunting there though. Hunted there last year, never saw another hunter or a deer in the woods. I have a later hunt there this year and most likely will go.

30-06 type of guy

Only 2 WMA's that I have hunted that I have not ever killed a deer, Catoosa and Laurel Hill. I went to Catoosa a lot when I was younger but never really saw any deer at all and did see several other hunters there. I was going back this year, but put in for wrong weekend and got drawn same hunt as opening weekend of gun season in KY.

I never have trouble getting away from people at Laurel Hill, I have trouble seeing deer there. I almost have never seen a dead deer on a vehicle there. I like hunting there though. Hunted there last year, never saw another hunter or a deer in the woods. I have a later hunt there this year and most likely will go.
From 2018 until last year I didn't see anyone Until I got back to my truck. Usually just me a one other guy there. I've always saw deer just small bucks and does my first 2 years hunting it. The last 2 years they've been on fire and I've walked out with 3 deer. Should have been 4 been I let him walk last year. Let's hope for 2 more this year 🤞🏽. One spot I hunt has 0 sign but they're there it's usually scraped up good. If I could hunt it all year long I probably would. I just love the hills til it comes to the drag.

Headhunter

From 2018 until last year I didn't see anyone Until I got back to my truck. Usually just me a one other guy there. I've always saw deer just small bucks and does my first 2 years hunting it. The last 2 years they've been on fire and I've walked out with 3 deer. Should have been 4 been I let him walk last year. Let's hope for 2 more this year 🤞🏽. One spot I hunt has 0 sign but they're there it's usually scraped up good. If I could hunt it all year long I probably would. I just love the hills til it comes to the drag.
Help me out :) I have found sign there at times, promising sign. I have almost never seen a deer there.

Duck dogn

30-06 I was gonna mention your two deer but I don't do that on social media. Lol glad you commented. I must hunt a total different area than you cause the road I mostly hunt looks like I65 with all the reflective tacks and walmart parking lot with all the trucks. 😆

Antler Daddy

I hunted LH two hours on Friday. As usual, no luck! But, I did snap these photos before I left.

Attachments

• 1EE1B538-DAFC-4143-A47B-D6CE0C0D02BA.jpeg
    1EE1B538-DAFC-4143-A47B-D6CE0C0D02BA.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 145
  • C175B6ED-4C90-49E7-B166-089DE97087B9.jpeg
    C175B6ED-4C90-49E7-B166-089DE97087B9.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 98629A91-6711-48CD-AE28-AE64EBC3C461.jpeg
    98629A91-6711-48CD-AE28-AE64EBC3C461.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 136

Latest posts