laurel hill dove feilds

Devin2009

I know its a shot in the dark nobody really ever wants to give up info, I was wondering if anyone has seen many birds out there this year. Williamsport an Yanahli dont look to promising.

catman529

I will be on yanahli tomorrow regardless. will post here afterwords on how I did. I have never been to laurel hill but will be for deer in december.

Devin2009

We checked it last two days an saw very few birds some but not really much to have a whole lot of hope. Ive deer hunted an killed deer a laurel hill before but never dove hunted. What hunt you have in November? I got 14-16 gun hunt this year.

gat51

Laurel Hill had more hunters that birds today. There were a few birds, but they were concentrated in one part of the property.

Hardly no corn at all has been cut in Lawrence county yet. Some silage, but not much. Not may places to shoot. Next weekend may be more promising.

Devin2009

catman529 said:
I got a leftover permit for December 19-21 at laurel hill and I drew 2 hunts at Williamsport in November.

Oh okay. I got drawn for williamsport on 10-31 thru 11-2 rifle hunt.

We must have been in right spot I guess. We shot alot killed way more than we brought home but some dude had his young son getting alot of peoples birds an keeping them.

Devin2009

MathewsTrophyHunter said:
What field was u in and what time did the birds start to fly we left around 2:30 after seeing one bird during shootin time and hearing one shot!?

We was in the first field next to power lines. It was slow until around 4 oclock then it went good the rest of the day where we was anyway.

MidTennFisher

catman529 said:
I will be on yanahli tomorrow regardless. will post here afterwords on how I did. I have never been to laurel hill but will be for deer in december.

I'm curious to know how Yanahli is since it's not too far from home. I know I'm dove hunting somewhere this weekend just don't know where. Looking forward to your report!

catman529

MidTennFisher said:
catman529 said:

I'm curious to know how Yanahli is since it's not too far from home. I know I'm dove hunting somewhere this weekend just don't know where. Looking forward to your report!
birds were not flying much at all. I saw more by the road from the truck than in the field. But the field I chose had grown up to 3 foot tall in soybeans, and those were just seedlings when I last saw it and it was covered up in doves at that time. I drove by the dove fields on Fred White and there were a lot of people there as expected.

Latest posts