Labor Day Weekend Campout

AlexDad

My best friend in the world, Alex, and I camped over Labor Day weekend - Friday thru Monday. EVERYTHING was booked up until we found a little place I'd never heard of in LaVergne. It's called Poole Knobs. They only had a handful of sites with water and elec hookups so it was a welcome change to see 95%+ tent camping.

They did have restrooms and one of them had a spicket for water. Almost primitive camping. One of the few campgrounds I've been to that would let you collect firewood right there.

Did have one bad omen. My trusty camp stove (two burner) has a problem. The right burner lights fine and works fine. If I light the left burner, the supply line flames up. Now the propane tank is on the left side so it has to pass through that area to get gas to the right burner. It acts like a pin hole leak in the supply line, but if the left burner is completely off the right is fine. Wouldn't a leak flame up passing thru there whether the gas was on for the left burner or not? I may not be explaining this well.

It didn't do it until Sunday and both sides worked fine Fri and Sat. The stove sat in one place and never moved so no big hits were taken.

Anyone in the Lebanon area who feels confident care to take a look. Maybe relight the pilot on my gas fireplace while you're at it. LOL! Free meal in it for ya!

Latest posts