L-Burg Boys and Pretty Boy end on a good note

Tree Dog

0510091704.jpg
Saw a good Tom in a wheat field, so I called MarkII and my dad. He has not had very much luck this season. So they show up and we start the pretty boy creep and this tom comes bout 200 yards blowed up the whole way. Laying down beside pretty boy, my dad takes the shot at 25 yards. DEAD BIRD!! Great bird 20 pounds double beard 12 3/8" beard and 4" and 3/4" spurs.Pretty good season... THANK GOD FOR PRETTY BOY

Tree Dog

THE ONE said:
Nice job brian you should have went to the pile to get ya a pic. Congrats on a great year!
We should have but didn't think bout it till later on. But whatever we kill next will be there

Tree Dog

TurkeyBurd said:
Thats awesome- Brian. Did yall kill it behind Mrs. Allen's?
No killed him in that big field on the right beside of the bridge that goes over the river. He was bout 200 yards from the boat ramp that's under the bridge

mark II

Boy oh boy does Pretty Boy have an affect on on those ol feid birds,the longer the season went on the better the birds are a
acting. I would like to see the seasons open later.The birds are just now getting right as the feilds are growing up the birds ranges are getting smaller.

A

Anonymous

if that is the only way i could kill one, i would quit. don't really blame you for shooting it, but a big ole bird like that deserves better than a decoy spread, a sneak, or getting shot off a limb. this decoy thing has gone way overboard. try getting in position, good calling choices, and patience.

TurkeyBurd

Deerlawyer- each person has their own way of hunting. Everything they did was perfectly legal, as an attorney you should know that. All I'm saying is allow people to hunt anyway they wish to.
I would put those three boys up against anyone in the woods, pretty durn good. Like I've said in the past, 'You eat your chicken tonight and we'll eat our fried TURKEY'!

deerlawyer said:
if that is the only way i could kill one, i would quit. don't really blame you for shooting it, but a big ole bird like that deserves better than a decoy spread, a sneak, or getting shot off a limb. this decoy thing has gone way overboard. try getting in position, good calling choices, and patience.

Latest posts