Kimber vs Springfield 1911

TNReb

Anyone have a strong feeling of one over the other (and care to explain why)?

I've owned a couple of Kimber 1911's in the past. They were good guns, but I was never crazy about them. I think it's because they were both "carry" size - not full size 5" guns - nothing against Kimber itself. I'm kind of liking the TLE II.

I've never owned a Springfield 1911, but I'm leaning towards one (the Loaded Operator or the TRP).

Deerhunter

I've had 2 Kimbers, both had issues. I've always heard great things about the TRPs, I had a Springfield Loaded that ran great. But I would take a Dan Wesson over both by a wide margin. A much better gun for not that much more money. To get a better gun than a DW, you will need to step up to a Wilson, Baer, Nighthawk, ect.

Daniel n

My dad has a Kimber heritage and I have Springfield operator and the base model a1. It's kind of a personal preference when you hit that 800+ price tag. The Dan Wesson's are awesome and I would love one lol. But I can grab several solid guns for the price of one. I also have a rock island and it probably gets shot way more than the other two. It will shoot any kind of ammo I run through it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

hunter0925

Don't overlook the Sig 1911. I have a kimber and a Sig and my dad has a sprinfield. I personally like the Sig better than either of the other 2 and it was cheaper than either of the others.

TNReb

hunter0925":2vib7z55 said:
Don't overlook the Sig 1911. I have a kimber and a Sig and my dad has a sprinfield. I personally like the Sig better than either of the other 2 and it was cheaper than either of the others.

I was originally set on the Sig, but when I finally got my hands on one this week I wasn't impressed. Admittedly they didn't have the particular model I was hoping for... I'll keep looking and keep it in mind.

TNReb

Deerhunter":222g3tl5 said:
I've had 2 Kimbers, both had issues. I've always heard great things about the TRPs, I had a Springfield Loaded that ran great. But I would take a Dan Wesson over both by a wide margin. A much better gun for not that much more money. To get a better gun than a DW, you will need to step up to a Wilson, Baer, Nighthawk, ect.

If money were no object I'd probably take the DW also, but I don't see how I'd really get any more pleasure from the DW for the extra money.

Deerhunter

TNReb":3qtwkhh1 said:
Deerhunter":3qtwkhh1 said:

If money were no object I'd probably take the DW also, but I don't see how I'd really get any more pleasure from the DW for the extra money.

Completely understand where your coming from. I was mostly fine with Kimber until I had one of their MIM main spring housings crack on me. I'm sorry but a $1k dollar gun shouldn't have cut rate parts. I started doing some research and my next purchase was a DW Valor Vbob.

I've had no problems with the Springer loaded 1911(although not a fan of the ILS system) or the 2 Sig 1911s I've had. I'm actually thinking of picking up a Ruger sr1911 for a beater. Check out 1911forum.com

Jon54

It's not an answer to your specific question, but I have a Springfield XDm 5.25" barrel and it's been flawless and is extremely accurate

TNReb

Deerhunter":37uv8u09 said:

I got my hands on about every 1911 I could in the last two weeks.

I wound up ordering a Dan Wesson Valor Blued today. Should be here early next week. Can't wait!

Once I decided what I wanted, I had trouble finding one! It'll mostly be a safe queen. I like the blued finish better than the stainless or coated, and it was $200 cheaper than the coated... so that worked out well.

Latest posts