Kicking tires on new boat

TiminTN

I guess the purpose for new boat, is dual front seat for crappie, and large enough for TN river. Just an aluminum boat, and the biggest fishing boat was a 16' Alumacraft with 40 Johnson. I am intrigued by Suzuki outboards and lean toward a tiller, but want opinions here. An 18' boat, is probably going to have the stability needed for a married couple to fish side by side in our mid 60's.

FLTENNHUNTER1

I brought home a Sportsman 1910 a couple weeks ago. G3 makes a good boat, the fit and finish seem to be excellent. All the welds are good quality beads; someone really did a good job. Yamaha outboards are among the best out there. The one I linked above is designed for panfish fishing and as you will see from the pictures, is set up where you can sit side by side with your wife.

7AC1B2E8-1D51-47D3-85F5-44ABD30D9329.jpg

Last edited:

batten_down

I brought home a Sportsman 1910 a couple weeks ago. G3 makes a good boat, the fit and finish seem to be excellent. All the welds are good quality beads; someone really did a good job. Yamaha outboards are among the best out there. The one I linked above is designed for panfish fishing and as you will see from the pictures, is set up where you can sit side by side with your wife.

View attachment 73561
Sharp!

FLTENNHUNTER1

Thank you. As you can see no power poles. It came with a 80 ft lb Minnekota 24v; I wish it had the Ultrex but man they are not cheap. But neither are dual power poles. The boat gets on plane in under 3 seconds and tops out at 60. The VMax 150 scoots pretty good.