Kerrygold butter

catman529

What's different about it, besides the cows diet. I bought some and will probably just use it on toast, to cook eggs, melt over steak or put on biscuits. Is there a noticeable taste difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAFKAP

catman529":1yngwqxt said:
What's different about it, besides the cows diet. I bought some and will probably just use it on toast, to cook eggs, melt over steak or put on biscuits. Is there a noticeable taste difference?

Cow diet, processing method, milk & fat quality.....it all comes together to make a butter that'll blow your mind.

There is an incredible taste difference. At Costco, you can get boxes of (3) 1.5lb blocks for about $7 or so. Buy a box every time youre there, and stock up in your freezer. It's worth it and is excellent for everything you use butter for.

catman529

TAFKAP":9xsx10aq said:
catman529":9xsx10aq said:

Cow diet, processing method, milk & fat quality.....it all comes together to make a butter that'll blow your mind.

There is an incredible taste difference. At Costco, you can get boxes of (3) 1.5lb blocks for about $7 or so. Buy a box every time youre there, and stock up in your freezer. It's worth it and is excellent for everything you use butter for.
I let my costco membership expire in June cause I didn't go there often enough. I work literally right down the street from Costco, but I get off work around 8:30 am and costco doesn't open till 10. And it's not worth the traffic to drive back when I live right next to Kroger.....

So I saw it at Kroger the other day and bought some.

I look forward to trying it. I'll take your word Poser :lol:

WTM

hmm ill have to try some if can find it, but i bet its still not close to fresh sweet cream churned butter i grew up on.

still looking for duck fat too, no luck.

WTM

TAFKAP":vzepbarr said:
Here's an Amazon link. Price is $8 or $9 if you can find it in the store, so this isn't a good buy. But it's worth trying.

https://www.amazon.com/EPIC-Animal-Cook ... duck%2Bfat

thanks man. i learned something from that link. the video at the bottom shows a woman making fried rice and since i do a lot of wok cooking gonna get me some.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Crosshairy

I've used it quite a bit. Ironically enough, I've seen the lowest prices at Costco (the bulk package) and WHOLE FOODS (the individual bars). I couldn't believe my eyes last year when I went in Whole Foods for my annual I'm-in-the-area-so-why-not stop into the store. Of course, everything else on the shelves seemed to be 30-100% more than the equivalent item at Kroger, but the Kerry Gold was actually cheaper.

A friend of mine used to shop there a lot more, and he said they occasionally put it on sale for 2.50 a bar or so. I've seen it sold for twice that at Kroger.

Moral of the story - if you can get it for a good price, it's worth buying. I prefer the salted butter, but some purists use only the unsalted. If you are doing the butter in your coffee thing, I think the unsalted butter probably froths better.

catman529

Is it unsalted? I toasted and loaded up some cinnamon raisin bagels with it and it tasted like it was salted, really good butter, but I still need to cook with it too.

TAFKAP

catman529":1f614auq said:
Is it unsalted? I toasted and loaded up some cinnamon raisin bagels with it and it tasted like it was salted, really good butter, but I still need to cook with it too.

Gold package is most common, and it's salted. The unsalted silver package is harder to find.

catman529

TAFKAP":2fj6jqit said:
catman529":2fj6jqit said:

Gold package is most common, and it's salted. The unsalted silver package is harder to find.
Ah yes I have a gold package. Knew it was salted, thats how I prefer it anyways. I've probably used 1/3 of the 8oz stick already just on toasted bagels, lol. I love some butter

huntinkev

How much is it at Costco? I pay $4 at kroger for 8 oz. I go through at least couple packs a month

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TAFKAP

huntinkev":36syk0mu said:
How much is it at Costco? I pay $4 at kroger for 8 oz. I go through at least couple packs a month

Neighborhood of $7 for (3) 8oz bars

huntinkev

TAFKAP":2ks6g9y0 said:
huntinkev":2ks6g9y0 said:

Neighborhood of $7 for (3) 8oz bars

that is a good deal. save roughly $40 over a year and that should come close to covering the membership

Latest posts