Keeping your face warm

moondawg

I use the Under Armor Cold Gear hood. Yes, it is kinda pricey, but it is worth it.

I also wear a fleece balaclava/hood on top of the Under Armor hood. And since it is during muzzleloader season, it is blaze orange.

My guess is that the dual layer is insulated against the wind and the cold. It works for me...so far.

Just an idea!

Crosshairy

Must be nice to have the freedom to grow a beard. My job does not allow facial hair because of the potential for needing to wear respiratory protection.

I use a fleece balaclava that has a long neck covering. It's been very effective in keeping my head and neck warm. It has a lower face piece that you can pull over your nose, or leave down below your chin (depending on how cold it is).

My only complaint with those is hindering your hearing while hunting in the woods. I find myself pulling it to one side to get an ear free if I think I hear something moving around.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
As long as I can keep my neck warm my face getting cold doesn't bother me too much and I can't stand having my ears covered up

fishboy1

Fleece beanie and a walmart sack. :D

That reminds me. I need to cut a little ear hole out on my full face hood so I can hear.