KastKing customer service

Headhunter

I own a couple Kastkings, about 25, their customer service has been ok for me. They can hard to get in touch with, I sent in 2 reels, speed demons that were defective, took about 5 months to get them back.

Their spinning reels, made in China, but their spinning reels may be some of the best reels I have ever used. Their casting reels are good except I am not sure if they will hold up. May have to go back to my old Ambassadeurs, jury is still out.

FLTENNHUNTER1

My process took less than a week total turnaround. Not sure why you didn't receive the same level of service. Did this happen to you recently?

Spurhunter

I have their spinning reels on my 8 trolling rods for crappie because all you need is something to hold the line with a smooth drag and they fit the bill at a good price. I did buy one of their baitcasters and after an hour or so it started squealing on every cast. I couldn't get it to quit and just figured you get what you pay for and shame on me for buying a $30 (might've been $40, I can't remember) baitcaster. I guess I should've called them.

WTM

get anything from china and its almost a have to to clean and lube the bearings. some come dry and some come overlubed, i guess it depends if they got a beating with their fish head that day or not.

that being said ive seen some chinese reels on par with 2-250 dollar reels from the doyo factory, probably better.

Headhunter

I have their spinning reels on my 8 trolling rods for crappie because all you need is something to hold the line with a smooth drag and they fit the bill at a good price. I did buy one of their baitcasters and after an hour or so it started squealing on every cast. I couldn't get it to quit and just figured you get what you pay for and shame on me for buying a $30 (might've been $40, I can't remember) baitcaster. I guess I should've called them.
Their spinning reels have been "through it" with me. So far they are awesome. 2 years worth. Great drags, fast, and handle braid, mono and flouro well.

Their baitcasters, I mostly have the 10.5 to 1 reels, are great until they aren't. I love the speed and the drags, but like I said I am not sure how durable they are. I like the fast retrieve, and wanted the fast Ambassadeurs but those are $300 each and I have 8-10 of the Kastkings. I have some oil from the Speed spool bearing company that seems to help them a lot.

I made end up selling them if someone will buy them or giving them to kids as I buy an Ambassadeur to replace them Most likely one a year.

Latest posts