That should shake up the top 10 some.

Look Kansas thinks they are the vols

Attachments

• 20231028_154539.jpg
    20231028_154539.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 19

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Hurts worked hard during his last season at Alabama and it showed. Saban told him he should go to Oklahoma to throw to better players (Hurts was considering Miami) and that he would be coached by the best QB coach.

BamaProud

Hurts worked hard during his last season at Alabama and it showed. Saban told him he should go to Oklahoma to throw to better players (Hurts was considering Miami) and that he would be coached by the best QB coach.

Hurts also says himself that he considers himself a product of Alabama. ...so there is that.
Not that it really matters anymore lots of elite players play for multiple schools these days.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Tagovailoa was the better quarterback. Hurts had a higher quarterback rating in his junior year at Alabama than he did in his senior year at Oklahoma.

THEdonkey0515

Come on man he only had 70 attempts and threw for 8TDs his Jr year. He played mop up: his best year was at OK.
He threw for more tds & yards playing in 14 games at OK then he did in his last 27 games suited up as a bammer.

At the start of NFL games when asked which college he is from, he says Oklahoma. Remember, these guys can say what they want àlot say the college they attended before they transferred or even there HS.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Come on man he only had 70 attempts and threw for 8TDs his Jr year. He played mop up: his best year was at OK.
You caught me...LOL. The point is that he had improved significantly as he worked at it over the summer before his junior year and during his junior year at Alabama.

Hurts claims both Alabama and Oklahoma as his schools. He has established a legacy at Alabama and at Oklahoma. He claimed Channelview High School at the Sunday Night Football game.

It probably hurt his development more than it helped when Hurts became the starter as a freshman. He had to rely on what he knew best which was a quick look at the primary receiver then run if not open. He had a lot of passing yards and completions from "throwing" passes on the jet sweeps which helped his stats. He struggled with check-downs if the primary was covered and could not throw the ball to a spot to allow the receiver to break open. He had moved past these issues by the time he was a junior at Alabama.

I believe he would have made it to the NFL if he had been a starter at Alabama during his senior year. It is no surprise that he had his best year as a senior. Hurts wasn't going to start at Alabama and Saban recommended Oklahoma for coaching and good receivers. Hurts was also able to throw against the non-existent defenses that Oklahoma faced instead of SEC defenses.

PillsburyDoughboy

You caught me...LOL. The point is that he had improved significantly as he worked at it over the summer before his junior year and during his junior year at Alabama.

Hurts claims both Alabama and Oklahoma as his schools. He has established a legacy at Alabama and at Oklahoma. He claimed Channelview High School at the Sunday Night Football game.

It probably hurt his development more than it helped when Hurts became the starter as a freshman. He had to rely on what he knew best which was a quick look at the primary receiver then run if not open. He had a lot of passing yards and completions from "throwing" passes on the jet sweeps which helped his stats. He struggled with check-downs if the primary was covered and could not throw the ball to a spot to allow the receiver to break open. He had moved past these issues by the time he was a junior at Alabama.

I believe he would have made it to the NFL if he had been a starter at Alabama during his senior year. It is no surprise that he had his best year as a senior. Hurts wasn't going to start at Alabama and Saban recommended Oklahoma for coaching and good receivers. Hurts was also able to throw against the non-existent defenses that Oklahoma faced instead of SEC defenses.
Built by BAMA

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
It's bad when bama fans realize you're a troll. Just a thought…….
If you are referring to me, I did not mention any specific poster. I was sucked in by a different person who was trolling. I've probably been guilty of putting up a troll post as well but will try to make sure I don't. It's natural for some folks on a sports forum but I'm not a fan of it.

Latest posts