JUVENILE AND SENIOR CITIZEN HUNT (80 YEARS OLD AND OLDER)

mike243

Leave the hunts as they are, we had a few women only hunts back in the 70's and jealous ass men stopped it. No need to start up something else for no other reason other than a group wanting more hunting days. become a bow hunter, they have more opportunity than any other group just look at the bag limits and time allowed to hunt.

TheLBLman

No need to start up something else for no other reason other than a group wanting more hunting days. become a bow hunter, they have more opportunity than any other group just look at the bag limits and time allowed to hunt.
I would say MOST senior citizens are not really asking for an extended deer season "just for them".

Something else to think about:

Most people over a certain age, such as 65 or 70, are retired.
Unlike most other hunters younger than 65, most "senior" hunters are already free to hunt every single day of the entire deer season, if they so choose.
Who else has that kind of "special privilege"?

With "juveniles", most are in school during the week, and I'm all for giving them the very first gun-hunting juvenile-only days to hunt each year. THIS is something that actually promotes the future of hunting, and provides opportunity to a group (juveniles) who otherwise have very limited hunting opportunities compared to either their parents or retired people.

Other than this pre-season juvenile hunt, I believe we all might be better off focusing more on small-game hunting come January, including eliminating the post-season juvenile-only hunt.

SC Manimal

Great idea. I'd sign off on it if woods are closed to anyone not accompanying youth or elder. Anyone who would take a shot from either of these aren't going to play by the rules anyway. They would probably take the shot regardless of the date.

huntintn

On the Young Sportsman's hunt they are required to be accompanied by an adult 21 or over who can take immediate control of the hunting weapon. That makes the weekday deal very difficult for most families.
I could have got off the tractor early, just says everyones situation isn't the same.Their grown now so I guess it dosen't matter.

Latest posts