Just ordered my first bow!!

UTGrad

richmanbarbeque said:
Cabelas is not in trouble. He said that because he was upset that he spent time with you and you went elsewhere to buy it. I would be upset as well. He WILL NOtT give you as good of service from here on out. Did you ask him if he would match their price? rookie move on your part. Like cheating on your girl friend. Ha!

$200.00 price difference isn't really a rookie move, I am not made of money.

LCU

JeepKuntry said:
I gotta agree with the others. Because you bought the bow elsewhere, your not gonna get as good of service. Even if you buy the accessories. I'm not familiar with BPS but some places get a kickback for selling bows, guns, larger dollar amounts. With all that being said, hopefully the bow is a good match/starter bow for you.

I did buy a Drenalin bare bow used off the net. Saved me half the price of a new bow. Huge savings.

I took the bow to a small but good Mathews dealer and bought sights, quiver, rest, stab, release, string sup,and a dozen Carbon Express Maxima arrows,and broadheads. Block 4X4.
Several hundred dollars of stuff.

I went with the Qad Pro rest,and everything top of the line.
Spent much more on the accessories than what I paid for the bow itself.

I told them up front that I bought the bow used,and would buy everything to set the bow up from the,including the labor to install everything.

They said they appreciated the business,and refused to charge me labor to do the work.
Point is that they made a large sale,and I go back to them for everything hunting realted including the Rocky boots I wear.

I see your point,but can tell you I did not buy my bow from the,but they are giving me excellent,IMO, above average service.

And I tell everyone about them.
Lawsons in Loretto.
Ask for Wade

Radar

You really can't compare a package deal to a bare bow . Accessories will add up quick , especially when you will be charged setup cost now . ;)
Arrows - $60
Broadheads- $25
Tru Glo Extreme- $40
Hostage Pro- $60
Sling- $8
Peep sight- $5
STS - $40
Kwickee quiver- $28
Simms S-coil stabilizer- $16
String Loop = $3
= $225 min.
In addition to setup costs of $50 or more depending on where you go and how much setup and tuning they do .

Good luck with you bow , UTgrad .

LCU

A bow is not something I would ever buy at Bass Pro.
Don't want them setting my bow up,and doing work on it.

Find a good local bow shop that cares about their customers,and stick with them.

Radar

LCU said:
A bow is not something I would ever buy at Bass Pro.
Don't want them setting my bow up,and doing work on it.

Find a good local bow shop that cares about their customers,and stick with them.

Proshops cannot remain in business with shoppers buying their bows online . ;) We lost some good ones here in Tn. last year for the same reasons as I stated earlier .

LCU

Buckblaster said:
String stop system. string supressor.

I have a Duravane. The model with the harmonic dampener.
I put in on and take if off. Can't decide it if does much.
My Drenalin is so vibration free as it is.

Logic tells me it should work. I have it on now. Be sure to use a serving, or the string wear is noticable.

stik

Radar said:
richmanbarbeque said:
Cabelas is not in trouble. He said that because he was upset that he spent time with you and you went elsewhere to buy it. I would be upset as well. He WILL NOtT give you as good of service from here on out. Did you ask him if he would match their price? rookie move on your part. Like cheating on your girl friend. Ha!

Against the advise of many members of this forum . These types of "business decisions" are what drives many good proshops out of business . Customers go into a proshop ,and the bow tech measures the person's draw length and sets up a few bows for testing . After the customer chooses the bow , they find it online a little cheaper . Don't expect great service at BPS . You will pay more in the long run.
I'm happy you got a bow , but not the method you went about it .Probably not a good move in the long run .

i would gladly pay more in price for the service and knowledge you get in a proshop. if i were the BPS tech, i would tell you to take it to cabelas.

UTGrad

Well, maybe I am just crazy but this is a free enterprise economic system. As I said, if it was a matter of $50.00, I would of purchased bow on sight, but the same bow without any accessories at BPS is $100.00 more plus local sales tax. Anyways I am pumped about my new bow.

UTGrad

Radar said:
You really can't compare a package deal to a bare bow . Accessories will add up quick , especially when you will be charged setup cost now . ;)
Arrows - $60
Broadheads- $25
Tru Glo Extreme- $40
Hostage Pro- $60
Sling- $8
Peep sight- $5
STS - $40
Kwickee quiver- $28
Simms S-coil stabilizer- $16
String Loop = $3
= $225 min.
In addition to setup costs of $50 or more depending on where you go and how much setup and tuning they do .

Good luck with you bow , UTgrad .

Thanks, I think this bow will be a shooter. One thing I will add is it is better to start with a bare bow and throw on good accessories up front than by the package bow at a higher price then replace most of the accessories. I figured out after stopping into BPS today what the difference would have been. I saved about $100.00 going the route I went.

The guy at Bass Pro is a honest guy and told me that he has done the same thing I did. He said, "Man, if I can find a good deal like that I would take it". He said when I am ready bring it by and he would be happy to set it up for $20 set up fee. I'm in good shape now.

turkeyhunter64

UTGrad said:
Well, maybe I am just crazy but this is a free enterprise economic system. As I said, if it was a matter of $50.00, I would of purchased bow on sight, but the same bow without any accessories at BPS is $100.00 more plus local sales tax. Anyways I am pumped about my new bow.

I'm with you on this one...I buy based on price..Bottom line is price with me. I'm up front about it and give everyone the same opportunity to earn my dollar.

Gravey

Congrats on your purchase and good luck with it. The only thing I wondered is did you ask the Bass Pro guy if they would match the price? I used to work 5 miles from BP at Opry Mills and if I found something elsewhere cheaper they would match it. I even get sale catalogs from them that plainly say Internet and Phone or Internet and Catalog orders only, not good in store. Guess what...I've taken the catalog in with me and they've honored it more than once. Not trying to beat you up or nothing, just saying. Just because of all the stuff that has to be set-up on a bow I prefer to buy from a reputable archery shop myself but again, good luck and I hope everything works out great for you.

NateUK

You have to do what you think is right for you UTGrad, and that's what it sounds like you did. Congrats on your purchase and have fun.
I'm lucky that I have a dad that's been bowhunting for 30 years so I have my own personal bow setup man.
I'm going to go pick it up and set it up next weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

Latest posts