Just my Thinking...

bowriter

R.I.P.
I strated messing with things that shot arrows and broadheads over 40 years ago. I have lived through the various revolutions in equipment. During that time, I was sent equipment from the very top of the line to the cheapest. Here is what I have come to believe.

The very best arrow you will ever shoot is the arrow your bow shoots the best. Brand name does not matter one whit. The exact same applies to broadheads. If the sucker flies dead true and works the way it is supposed to work, it makes no difference how much it costs or what name it has.

I shoot a very expensive crossbow, now. It is loaned to me by the company that makes it. It shoots fantastically. I also have one that costs about half as much. It would not matter which one I picked up, I would be just as successful with one or the other. I shoot the same arrow and head in both and they shoot great in both.

Last count, I had 39 crossbow bolts (I call them arrows because they are). They are three different brands and two different weights, They shoot just exactly the same, all of them.

If I need more with heads on them, I grab four and screw four heads on and have supreme confidence in all four even though they may be different weights with three different brands of heads.

Find something that works for you and quit worrying about how well someone likes something else. Trust me, you will live a lot longer. I would like to now how many animals from deer to elk I have killed with different equipment.

Old Timer

Been there; done that and a crossbow still ain't a bow and a bolt still ain't an arrow. Otherwise I agree 100%

(Bet you thought I'd crooked, lol)

bowriter

R.I.P.
Old Timer, truth is, I hadn't thought of you at all :)

If it is propelled by a string, it is an arrow.

If it is propelled by any form of gunpowder, it is a bullet.

If it is propelled by air, it is either a bb or a pellet (or an anti crossbow individual.)

If it holds a tractor together, it is a bolt.

Don't see how it can get any simpler.

catman529

That old champion bow and the $6 carbon 4560 arrows are working for me, now it's only my accuracy and consistency I need to work on.

stryker

bowriter said:
Old Timer, truth is, I hadn't thought of you at all :)

If it is propelled by a string, it is an arrow.

If it is propelled by any form of gunpowder, it is a bullet.

If it is propelled by air, it is either a bb or a pellet (or an anti crossbow individual.)

If it holds a tractor together, it is a bolt. x2

Don't see how it can get any simpler.

Latest posts