Just curious

moondawg

Who cleans their fish in the kitchen sink ?
I have seen lots of pictures of sinks full of fish and it just made me wonder.
I like the idea of standing at the kitchen sink in the ac doing it but don't think my wife would go for it?
Do it. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission. šŸ˜šŸ˜†

Crow Terminator

I don't want them in my house unless it's fillets. I have a cleaning table/sink with water hookup at my barn where I keep my boat. I clean them there; keep a box of 1 gallon freezer bags in there for fillets. My scraps go in a 5 gallon bucket. When I am done I spray clean my table and knife, and throw my bucket of scraps in the side by side and run it down to the creek on our place to feed the snapping turtles.

Joe2Kool

Outdoor sink all the way. Quick and easy cleanup with a garden hose! Hot and cold water, and even a shower! :cool: Plus, I'm 6' 1" so it's several inches higher than a kitchen sink. No back issues from leaning over.

Attachments

• IMG_4482[1].JPG
    IMG_4482[1].JPG
    866.5 KB · Views: 38

Snowwolfe

Bought a stainless steel table with wheels on it. Roll it out of the garage, fillet the fish, scrub and rinse the table then wheel it back into the garage. Birds or insects will quickly find all the small pieces that washed into the yard.

artwork001

I clean them in the sink but only if my wife is not home. I have to clean the sink with bleach afterwards or she will smell it and raise cane. She doesn't eat fish or cook it and can't stand the smell.

jlanecr500

We mainly night striper fish in the fall. They are some big carcasses to dispose of as there could be as many as 5 of us on the boat and that's a total of 10 fish. We clean them on the lake. I put brackets to slip one of those plastic sink tables onto the pontoon surround wall. Use a live well pump mounted on a pontoon for water supply. When finished with a fish, just puncture the sack and push it off the table into the water. No more horribly stinky garbage cans at home. No more getting up the day after night fishing to clean several fish. It's already in the freezer.

Latest posts