Just couldn't do it this AM

JayMc

I've been sick most of the week and working too late each night to get decent rest. I packed my gear last night and set the alarm for 4. I tossed and turned and sneezed and coughed all night. At 4 I turned off the alarm, took medicine and slept until 9. My wife said that's the latest she remembers me sleeping in our 9.5yrs of marriage. I feel a little better, but not much.

Hopefully some of you killed some bruisers :)

LCU

I saw the Does,but not the 2 big Bucks we were after this morning.
Will be back at it before dark,and hope they show up.

My hunting pals reporting from Hickkman Co are good, Bucks down.

Rest up, things are not even heated up yet.
It's only going to get better.

Nimrod777

Glad to hear you got the rest you so obviously needed. I slept in myself this morning. Took a deer yesterday and the process wore me out to the point that there was no joy in thinking about doing it again today. I'm looking forward to this coming week, though, and hopefully you'll be back in the saddle as well.

JayMc

I hunted this evening in one of my favorite spots and didn't see anything. I make myself stay out of this place until Nov every year. Lots of leaves still on the trees so I couldn't see as far as normal. It was a great warm evening with the skeeters :D

CopperHead77

I think some of the best hunting will be this coming weekend and next week,looks like a big cold front and things are gonna start getting very interesting,plenty of good days to come!

plinker22

JayMc said:
I've been sick most of the week and working too late each night to get decent rest. I packed my gear last night and set the alarm for 4. I tossed and turned and sneezed and coughed all night. At 4 I turned off the alarm, took medicine and slept until 9. My wife said that's the latest she remembers me sleeping in our 9.5yrs of marriage. I feel a little better, but not much.

Hopefully some of you killed some bruisers :)

At least you were sick JayMc. I stayed up late watching the live WEC fights. Set the alarm for 4:30 AM and then just shut it off. I ended up painting one of my daughters bedrooms today, then went and mowed my Mom and Dad's yard.

Well, about 1 hour ago, the farmer calls me and says, "You didn't hunt this morning, did you?" He then goes on to tell me he watched two bucks go through the little funnel of woods that I hunt on his land. This was where I was planning to hunt! :mad:

I guess that is why we call it hunting. You gotta be there to see them. I'll try this weekend!

Latest posts