Jeremy Banks

tnanh

I saw yesterday where Pruitt let Jeremy Banks back on the team . What a joke. He is nothing but a loud mouth thug. Openly talked about shooting police before blm. I liked Pruitt a lot but this is inexcusible. Look at UT record with Banks last year and then after Banks. They started winning. Turds like him are a cancer for a football team and he will not stop his bs. It may just be covered up.

cbhunter

I have mixed feelings on the whole deal and you make very valid points. I will add though that I've said some real dumb things before that I should have never said. I do believe in second chances but i'm not real sure if he deserved one. I took a pretty firm stand against Banks when it all went down and your right, it was a very thuggish episode.

Maybe he has changed but more importantly I hope his leash is as short as anyones has ever been!!

scn

As a former LEO, his comments that night really pissed me off. But, the reality is they were just WORDS from likely a drunk kid. When I look back over my life I can remember some pretty big mistakes that could have altered my entire life. Again, no major wrong doing from Banks past running his trashy mouth.

Rather that throwing him back into the environment that spawned his behavior, Pruitt decided to give the kid a second chance. From all accounts, there was a lot of work on Bank's part to get back on the field. From everything that has been written, he has been a model citizen since that night. I highly suspect he is on a VERY short leash, and if he screws up in any way, Pruitt will cut his losses. But, for now, I totally support Pruitt for giving him another chance.

Hopefully ten or fifteen years from now we will see that Pruitt made a good decision.

gobblegrunt

Banks deserved a second chance. I'm glad he got it. Im sure he regrets the comments he made that night. He was likely drunk when he said it. Don't act like y'all haven't said things while drunk that you regret when you sober up. I'm sure Banks would like to have that 20-30 minutes back.

PalsPal

I love when "fans" make judgments from the outside without knowing what's really going on.

I can give a glimpse behind the scenes because I saw it firsthand after the Cookeville tornado this past spring. I posted about it it then so you can go back and find it, but I doubt you will.

He has done a LOT to get back in Pruitt's good graces and has earned his way back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TNTreeman

None of it really matters to me anymore. Been a vol fan my whole life, I have pics of me at 6 mo old in ut shirts and throughout my life. Had season tickets for several yrs and never quit on them through these not so successful yrs. I can't in good conscience support them after the latest pandering and shenanigans . JB probably isn't even the biggest thug on the team sad to say. How can you expect them not to be "thug like" when you encourage it as a coach by marching with them wearing blm shirts and agreeing with how bad "the man" keeps them down. Total BS

tnanh

I reapect wvwryones opinion but, Jeremy Banks was already given a second chance by Pruitt and atuck his middle dinger up at it. Peuitt had defended him on the police incident and then Banks was caught on video again at a bar taunting a female to come on and he will beat her - - -. He didnt learn his leason and threw it in Pruitts face. Better players have been thrown off teams for good, learned from it, and made it big in the NFL. Tyran Matheu immediately comes to mind and he wasnt talking about shooting police. My uncle was a retired policeman, I am a retired policeman, both my sons are policemen. Jeremy Banks is cancer. Especially with what is going on in this country right now. How many players will be sacrificed for the sake of Banks?

PillsburyDoughboy

tnanh":som7nktt said:
I reapect wvwryones opinion but, Jeremy Banks was already given a second chance by Pruitt and atuck his middle dinger up at it. Peuitt had defended him on the police incident and then Banks was caught on video again at a bar taunting a female to come on and he will beat her - - -. He didnt learn his leason and threw it in Pruitts face. Better players have been thrown off teams for good, learned from it, and made it big in the NFL. Tyran Matheu immediately comes to mind and he wasnt talking about shooting police. My uncle was a retired policeman, I am a retired policeman, both my sons are policemen. Jeremy Banks is cancer. Especially with what is going on in this country right now. How many players will be sacrificed for the sake of Banks?
It's Laughable to think he's allowed back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scn

PillsburyDoughboy":3b86d6kn said:
tnanh":3b86d6kn said:

Laughable compared with Saban letting players with gun and drug charges back? Where do you think Pruitt learned about giving second chances?

cbhunter

scn":v1wzvox4 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":v1wzvox4 said:
tnanh":v1wzvox4 said:

Laughable compared with Saban letting players with gun and drug charges back? Where do you think Pruitt learned about giving second chances?

:lol: Your not wrong :lol:

tnanh

There wasnt anything close to funny in my post except maybe the typos even if you disagree. Sad thought someone thought it was funny. Appears to be a personal attack from an administrator.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
tnanh":2s31m28z said:
There wasnt anything close to funny in my post except maybe the typos even if you disagree. Sad thought someone thought it was funny. Appears to be a personal attack from an administrator.

I saw no personal attacks from anyone in this thread.
Just differing opinions, nothing wrong with that.
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are attacking you.

Disclaimer:
I have very little interest in sports anymore.
I feel the same as TNTreeman.

THEdonkey0515

When I first seen it I thought it was a bad move to bring him back.

But then again I said and did some DUMB stuff at that young of age including breaking the law few timesI think most you guys probaby did to.

From what I see the guy has been suspended 9-10 months now has said and did everything right. 1 more little mistake and his college career is done for good everyone knows that give the guy one last shot.

Latest posts