Is it right to scout then? Help!

BuckHunter511

I have a busy work schedule and havnt got to scout catoosa for the nine day hunt. I have off work at 4 and its 15 min from catoosa. The hunt is going as of today. Should I scout then or go in blind? I only get to hunt it 5 days, so I don't want to waste a day of hunting..Also. I have a Twra friend show me places on a map to hunt so I know general areas to hunt , just not where the trails go and stuff. Please respond.

Poleaxe

I would take the tips the guy gives u and go in at 1pm with your gear and walk in and setup whereever u see the trails at. Theres no scence in going in at daylight not knowing where ur going. Might as well "paper, rock, scissors" your tree. If the spot he gives you isnt to your liking check out bing maps birds eye view and zoom in and its so clear you can pretty much pick u out a tree, but the trails should be found same way as above. Make sure u spray your boots down good before u go walking looking for trails. Good luck to you.

bowriter

R.I.P.
BuckHunter511 said:
Well true, but the main question is should I scout the 2 most favored and isolated spots at 4:00 pm ? Even though people are hunting? Is it right todo?

Right? That is a question for you. How would feel if you were hunting a some guy came walking around your stand at prime time?

If you work just 15-min from there, how is it you just now have time to scout? Or did I not understand? How long have you known you were drawn?

HOOK

ALWAYS scout when you have the opportunity on a new spot....wont hurt a thing. Do what you can to minimize scent. Don't touch anything bare handed, and go in mid-day.

Savage

I would not walk in scouting at prime time when people who have done their homework are hunting. It's an open hunt an there are people EVERYWHERE!

Latest posts