Is he hit? (video)

CAW

My son shot this deer this evening and we found no immediate blood. We decided to back out and go back in the morning. If you look real close behind his leg, it looks like the bullet hits him. Or, it is just his skin moving as he picks up his leg to run. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhtL18dw1lw

mrw

Looks like he hit and broke the near front leg. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a body hit. Hope I'm wrong and you find it. He's a nice one!

I am not guessing here, I am certain I see the right front leg swing out and away in an abnormal motion as the deer pivots to run off. That leg is destroyed.

Take up the trail carefully. If you have any idea which way the deer will funnel, you might put a stander near the escape route as you take up the trail.

He might recover, might not.

Good looking buck, good luck!

lpo1981

Yeh I'd say he is hit in that right front leg, lower right shoulder.. Good luck getting in his trail and finding him.

TNDeerGuy

Defiantely hit hard, and I agree with 102�that RF leg is destroyed. I hope I'm wrong, and certainly hope you recover that buck�he is a nice one, but I got the video stopped at the very moment the bullet hit and it appears that the bullet hit as high as possible on the leg without hitting the vitals or body cavity. Once, again best of luck on the recovery.

darn2ten

Definitely hit! I hit one like that couple years back, broke his front shoulder and came out the front of his brisket. Shot him at 9 am and jumped and killed him at 3:30 pm. Never found any blood, just got real lucky. Jumped him out of a thicket about 250 yds. from where I first shot him. Search high and low, I almost can bet you he went to something thick to bed within 500 yds. Good luck finding him!

catman529

darn2ten said:
Definitely hit! I hit one like that couple years back, broke his front shoulder and came out the front of his brisket. Shot him at 9 am and jumped and killed him at 3:30 pm. Never found any blood, just got real lucky. Jumped him out of a thicket about 250 yds. from where I first shot him. Search high and low, I almost can bet you he went to something thick to bed within 500 yds. Good luck finding him!
and check water sources!

Rubberduck270

He's hit but I would give him plenty of time. He'll bed up soon and may take a few hours to expire (if he does expire). What type of gun and bullet was he using?

Latest posts