is an tc encore really worth the money

BIGORANGE

I have a T/C Encore and absolutely love it. If you buy one you will not be sorry. If you don't want to spend the money for the encore I would look at the T/C Omega. :cool:

iowavf

Model70Man said:
Depends on who you ask. The Encore is definetly worth the money to me.
I'll agree, but I got mine when they were a little cheaper. By one and you'll have it for ever. I've shot my friends Optima Pro and after shooting my Encore wouldn't be happy with the Pro, just felt cheap to me. They seem to hold their value pretty well also, I see used ones at a few gun shows and I could actually sell mine for more than I payed. Several imitations on the market, but only one Encore.

square

I liked mine as a ML. I ordered a second barrel for it and my opinion now is that they are not that great. You find people that love them, but just as many or more that don't like them. My opinion from my research is that they need to work on their quality control.

TN RDG RNR

Last Muzzle loader I'll ever buy. So looking at it like that guess it was a good investment.

Here's a pic
CIMG6589.jpg

W.Seay

If you want it for a muzzleloader, then NO it's not worth the $$! Get a savage, it out performs the encore in every aspect! I have owned both and the encore is not even in the same league as the savage!

rem270

i bought mine used from a friend of mine. it had a nikon monarch scope that sold for $319 brand new. i gave 550 for the gun and scope and thought that was a heck of a deal.
it came with the ml barrel and i bought an additional 270 barrel and after shooting the encore no other guns feel as comfortable. not knocking any other guns but thats the best gun i've ever held and shot.

definately worth the money

ewc

cntryboy657 said:
ewc said:
Is it the fourth best muzzle loader money can buy?

Absolutely.

and the top 3

1) A full custom smokeless muzzleloader = $3,500-$4,500

http://www.richardscustomrifles.com/cus ... nrifle.htm

2) A semi-custom (what I own) = $1,000-$2,500

40cal004.jpg

40target.jpg

3) Savage 10ml 2

4) Encore

This is just my opinion. You may find an encore or a stock savage that will shoot MOA to 300 or better, but to guarantee it, you need to spend some money. Most people just are not into that for a two week season. However, its a year-round hobby for me so I feel like the expense is justified.

jakeway

I like the concept and the quality, but the stock just doesn't look and feel right to me. I much preferred the Knight KB1, but they"re out of business now.

I'd take a good look at the CVA APEX, if I can ever find one!

(Currently own a CVA Optima and TC Triumph, but both are ML only.)

TheLBLman

cntryboy657 said:
....is it really that good worth the money...that much better
"For that money" --- competitive price for the value.
"For MY money" --- in that price range, I'd opt for something else, but then, I only plan to use my muzzleloaders for muzzleloading, so the interchangable barrels to centerfire is of little value to me.

ewc

DEER ASSASSIN said:
renegade50 said:
fords and chevys
blondes and brunettes

arguement........

i need a , i want a , i will get a,
savage smokeless someday soon i hope if i can ever friggin get ahead on stuff moneywise and stop being nickled and dimed to death on repair this , replace that type of stuff continually........

choose what gun pleases and works for you man........

redheads win :d

Yes they do :)

hunter82

nope they aint get yourself a cva and they will do just as good ,and u will have more money in your pocket for a better scope or something else.

Latest posts