redblood

Ive watched alot about them

i went the cheaper proven route

Attachments

• DE648BC8-7DCB-4329-8091-A8EFABB4FB37.jpeg
    DE648BC8-7DCB-4329-8091-A8EFABB4FB37.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 139

casjoker

I have a few stingers laying around. I could never get them to fly even close to my field points and had grouping issues beyond 30ish yards. Solid head and I have shot a few deer with them, excellent results under 30 yards.

casjoker

They arrived today, A++ on packaging, A+++++ on sharpness. Time to see how they fly this weekend. I have never been this excited about a broadhead. I swear it's the cool little boxes they come in. Let's hope the marketing hype is directly related to results.

Ol’Brows

Have no idea about the iron wills but I'm currently shooting the 125 grain cut throats and they shoot exactly the same as my field points out to 50 yards. Haven't bothered to shoot them farther than that. Interested in hearing about your experiences with the iron wills. I almost went that route but chose the cut throats instead just bc of the slight price difference.

casjoker

I did a little "testing" today. Weighed the 3 broadheads and 6 field points I ordered. Shot 6 shots at each distance 20-50 yards in 10-yard increments outdoors and 20-40 indoors(I have a fairly long barn). Three broadheads and 3 field points at each distance. Using a Strothers SX Rush bow 28" draw at 67lbs draw. ACC arrows 413 average arrow weight with head. I would classify myself as an average shot. As I mentioned in a previous post, the packaging is pretty cool.
Broadhead Weight 122.4, 122.3, 122.7
Field Point Weight 124. 9(2), 124.8, 124.7. 124.6

My initial impression is these are well-made heads that should stand up to any normal use/abuse. The main blades are easy to resharpen, but the bleeder blades are a challenge. They come razor-sharp, sharpest heads I have used out of the box, and I have probably used 20 or more different brands over the years. They had a consistent flight and generally grouped at 1- 2" out to 30 yards. I was at around 4" at 40-50 yards. Which is about as well as the g5 montec 3 blades I used the last couple of seasons. They constantly hit 3" to the left of the field points; height was identical to field points. Again, almost the same as my g5's.

I have a 1/2" sheet of plywood 3' behind a Block Field Logic target 7.5" thick for my indoor range. The middle is shot out a bit but will catch an arrow by the fletchings with field points. The Iron Will's went through it like nothing, and they would embedded in the plywood, just poking through the backside, no damage to the heads. I would say their claim they rotate through the target is true. In my other new Block target, the heads would not go all the way through, and when I pulled the arrow out, it definitely rotated as I pulled it out—much more than I have noticed with other heads. I do not have any hides or bone to test them on, but my guess is they will go through a shoulder blade with no issues and overall would be highly effective on deer.

Are they worth $110, maybe? They are a rugged head and look/feel more robust than my g5, Muzzy's, Thunderheads, and Magnus Stinger. They might be overkill for deer but would be good for tougher/bigger animals like elk or moose. Then again, better to have too much head than not enough. As long as you don't score a direct hit on a rock, I would think you could use these for years. I need to see how they work on a deer and actual bone before making my final judgment.

Hduke86

I did a little "testing" today. Weighed the 3 broadheads and 6 field points I ordered. Shot 6 shots at each distance 20-50 yards in 10-yard increments outdoors and 20-40 indoors(I have a fairly long barn). Three broadheads and 3 field points at each distance. Using a Strothers SX Rush bow 28" draw at 67lbs draw. ACC arrows 413 average arrow weight with head. I would classify myself as an average shot. As I mentioned in a previous post, the packaging is pretty cool.
Broadhead Weight 122.4, 122.3, 122.7
Field Point Weight 124. 9(2), 124.8, 124.7. 124.6

My initial impression is these are well-made heads that should stand up to any normal use/abuse. The main blades are easy to resharpen, but the bleeder blades are a challenge. They come razor-sharp, sharpest heads I have used out of the box, and I have probably used 20 or more different brands over the years. They had a consistent flight and generally grouped at 1- 2" out to 30 yards. I was at around 4" at 40-50 yards. Which is about as well as the g5 montec 3 blades I used the last couple of seasons. They constantly hit 3" to the left of the field points; height was identical to field points. Again, almost the same as my g5's.

I have a 1/2" sheet of plywood 3' behind a Block Field Logic target 7.5" thick for my indoor range. The middle is shot out a bit but will catch an arrow by the fletchings with field points. The Iron Will's went through it like nothing, and they would embedded in the plywood, just poking through the backside, no damage to the heads. I would say their claim they rotate through the target is true. In my other new Block target, the heads would not go all the way through, and when I pulled the arrow out, it definitely rotated as I pulled it out—much more than I have noticed with other heads. I do not have any hides or bone to test them on, but my guess is they will go through a shoulder blade with no issues and overall would be highly effective on deer.

Are they worth $110, maybe? They are a rugged head and look/feel more robust than my g5, Muzzy's, Thunderheads, and Magnus Stinger. They might be overkill for deer but would be good for tougher/bigger animals like elk or moose. Then again, better to have too much head than not enough. As long as you don't score a direct hit on a rock, I would think you could use these for years. I need to see how they work on a deer and actual bone before making my final judgment.
I just watched a video of the iron wills yesterday and the joker literally shot one into a cider block and it stuck in the block. He took it out and cleaned the block off the broadhead and I couldn't believe the tip was not rolled over. He put it in a arrow spinner and it was straight: no wobble or anything. His bow was 70lb draw. With the lifetime warranty on them it's an investment for sure but as long as you don't lose one you will always be able to just send it back for a new one if for some reason it got torn up

UCStandSitter

Took a doe at 27 with my S100s this past weekend. Obviously not a difficult shot at that distance but the bloodtrail was INCREDIBLE! The ground looked like someone had been sacrificing virgins to Mayan gods out there. Easy pass through and tapped a tree trunk as the arrow came to rest. Not a single nick on the blade. Still bothered to re-sharpen a bit after cleaning up. Can't say enough good things about how these bad boys fly. Very true. I was on the fence for months before pulling the trigger but after last weekend's experience I am VERY satisfied with my purchase. All that said, I don't care about the cute lil boxes they came in. Could toss em in some plastic and cut the cost down a bit and that would be fine with me. I mean what am I gonna do with 3 tiny boxes? I keep them stored in a small Pelican case with my other broadheads.

Latest posts