Will I be bow shamed?

Atchman2

I bought a cheap Sanlinda bow on Amazon. I sent it out to my brother in laws house since I didn't want to try bring my PSE bow with me. I did grab some of my left over accessories to fix it up a bit (the rest sucks). I've been shooting it and I have to admit I like it! I brought the release I am used to using, changed out the rest for a biscuit. and it shoots really well.

I have been using the cheap arrows that it came with to break it in. I have also been gradually upping to power. It maxes out at 68 pounds with my draw length. I have MS so I can't really pull a heavy bow. My PSE is only set for 55 lbs, but then again I only hunt turkeys with it too.

There are lots of reviews for it on Youtube. I wouldn't hesitate to get this bow for a first timer and upgrade the accessories as you can afford. Still I was stacking arrows into the same hole!

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I bought a cheap Sanlinda bow on Amazon. I sent it out to my brother in laws house since I didn't want to try bring my PSE bow with me. I did grab some of my left over accessories to fix it up a bit (the rest sucks). I've been shooting it and I have to admit I like it! I brought the release I am used to using, changed out the rest for a biscuit. and it shoots really well.

I have been using the cheap arrows that it came with to break it in. I have also been gradually upping to power. It maxes out at 68 pounds with my draw length. I have MS so I can't really pull a heavy bow. My PSE is only set for 55 lbs, but then again I only hunt turkeys with it too.

There are lots of reviews for it on Youtube. I wouldn't hesitate to get this bow for a first timer and upgrade the accessories as you can afford. Still I was stacking arrows into the same hole!
Consider a crossbow?

Atchman2

Consider a crossbow?
I have a Barnett Crossbow with me. It is amazingly accurate! Normally that is what I use and IF I find any turkeys, I will use that first. The bow is as much for fun as anything else. I am having trouble with the peep sight turning, but from what I understand I should keep shooting it before making a tweak.

I am re-working my plans. Going to try and build a small foot bridge for my brother in law, dig up some Cedar trees, trap a snapping turtle in his spring, and clear out a path through the wind row for his pickup truck. The rest of the time, going to try and get some coyotes.

Atchman2

That is my 20 yard group. That is every bit as good as my PSE can do. Going to stretch it out further when the wind dies down. It was blowing 25 mph a minute ago!

Attachments

• arrows.jpg
    arrows.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 49

UCStandSitter

^^^^^This^^^^^

FYI, I've killed piles of critters all over the US with a 53 pound compound. I just like an easy to draw bow and I'm sure my shoulders will appreciate it as I get older.
I shoot 62 lbs. Never felt the need to pull 80 to prove something. I didn't buy a heavier garage door so I could prove my manliness. Why would I make my bow heavier? Seems silly

Atchman2

SO, I was having trouble with my peep sight. I took it to an archery shop. On like the first day I had inadvertently dry fired it. Well it damaged the brace that holds one of the limbs in place. Going to take a couple of days to fix it.

Since it was from Amazon, I could have sent it back, but decided to let the guy fix it instead. It was my fault. I let my release off while pulling it back. I punched myself square in the mouth too. The string came off the pulleys, but I was able to put them back on. I just didn't notice the limb damage. I feel like a moron.

Specializedjon

I shoot 62 lbs. Never felt the need to pull 80 to prove something. I didn't buy a heavier garage door so I could prove my manliness. Why would I make my bow heavier? Seems silly
^^This^^

I used to 💩 myself trying to pull 70+ pounds....dropped down to 62#'s and it's perfect. I bow hunt alone so I don't care what kind equipment I'm using or the next guy. Results come in $99 packages and $1200 packages. They both draw blood. It's the monkey behind the bow that usually screws it up, speaking for myself.

Madbowh

I have a Barnett Crossbow with me. It is amazingly accurate! Normally that is what I use and IF I find any turkeys, I will use that first. The bow is as much for fun as anything else. I am having trouble with the peep sight turning, but from what I understand I should keep shooting it before making a tweak.

I am re-working my plans. Going to try and build a small foot bridge for my brother in law, dig up some Cedar trees, trap a snapping turtle in his spring, and clear out a path through the wind row for his pickup truck. The rest of the time, going to try and get some coyotes.
I had this issue with a peep site after getting a new string once.

My quick fix was I loosened up where I hook up my release and rotated it then tightened the release string drew back and peep was straight. I'm sure this won't always work and depends how your release string is attached.

Atchman2

They were able to fix my bow in one day! After I got home, I realized that I could have fixed it myself, but they did some other tuning things that helped it out. Looking forward to getting it back. My brother in law picked it up for me today.

When I had the string off, one of the limbs had came lose from the holder. Since I didn't notice I tightened back up. That caused one limb to be shorter, which in turn messed up my peep sight.

Atchman2

It aint the bow, it's the indian.
I totally agree, but these newer light bows sure make it a LOT easier! I have a couple of vintage composite bows and they are really hard to handle compared to even the cheapest new bow.

I mean I can hit stuff with them, but I have them turned way down in power. They weigh half again what a modern bow weights. They seem as hard as a recurve to pull. Not to mention how large they are! Easily 6" longer!

Latest posts