I wonder........

dcsoldier44

If anyone knows if you can just hike off of a main road at LBL and camp? Or do you have to "rent" a sight. Was wondering. I am planning a trip for myself early next August. Planning on roughing it for a few days to get away from it all. Any help would be great thanks.

NoNtYpiCaL1

Below is from LBL website.You can pretty much camp anywhere but if it is the main road you have to be 200 yards away, all other numbered roads you can park one vehicle length off the road and camp there or hike in if you prefer. Have fun its a nice get away

http://www.lbl.org/CAMPAreasLakeAccess.html

Back-Country Camping
Do I need camping permit if I want to camp somewhere other than a developed campground such as those listed above?
YES. If you are age 18 or older you must be in possession of a backcountry camping permit.

Does each person in my group need a camping permit?
YES. Each person in your group that is age 18 or older must have a backcountry camping permit. Campers under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

How long can I stay in a backcountry campsite?
You may stay 14 consecutive days. After the 14 consecutive days, you must leave and move at least one mile in distance from that camp site and not return for a minimum of seven days.

Where can I camp?
Almost anywhere in LBL! There are only a few places that you may not camp overnight. Camping is not allowed in cemeteries; picnic areas; Brandon Spring Group Center; the Environmental Education Area; and within 200 yards of the Trace, Highway 68/80, Mulberry Flat, Silver Trail, and Fort Henry roads.