I still haven't planted! (question)

eastTN270

Unlike the rest of the state we didn't get any rain yesterday. I don't remember the last time it rained and they are still not calling for any in the forcast. I've got all my seed and most of my plots disced up. I know to normally plant around labor day, but i just can't see putting the seed in the ground when its this dry. I'm just waiting of the next good rain to plant. How late can i wait and the seed still come up?

cruff10

I know...I put some wheat out on Sunday evening, hopeing for rain on tuesday, then it got pushed back to Thursday...and STILL WE DIDN"T GET A DROP OF RAIN!!!!!

Boone 58

if you wait any later there wont be a good root establishment period before the deer start hitting it real hard, having said that it makes no sense to put out seed with no ample moisture in the soil or in the forecast.
You are between a rock and a hard spot. We planted 3 weeks or so ago and we have had 3 diff rainfalls. the wheat and clover is up and hopefully it wont go dry for the next 45 days as in 2005. Man i cant ever remember waking up each day and just lust ing for rain to come on a regular basis. I feel we may be stuck like this for a while as this also happened for about a seven year period in the early thru the mid 80's when i was in georgia. Good luck. At the first sign of rainfall i would plant and pray!!!

Latest posts