I like "Short" barrels.

Frank G

I'll tell you UTGrad, not bad at all. My go gun is a S&W 460 XVR Mag. Not a one hand cannon, by any means (ha). Actually a lot less then one would expect when looking at it. I have it 0 at 60, it shoots flat to 100. Have taken one at 83 last year. Perfect stalking/brush gun. A lot easier to carry, miminum movement to get on target. Both eyes open, put the red dot on tarket and send it. One thing you are a lot closer to the "smoke" then the long guns. BUT a lot more fun, drives the long gun guys nuts!!!!! (ha)

Frank G

T/C was bought out by S&W and they no longer will produce some barrels even thru their custom shop. I have made contact with a Bagarra barrel guy out of CO. I pick it up (was 480 Ruger) with all the intentions of going ML pistol. It is a Encore main frame. Not costly at all, as I remember +/- 320.00. That included the fore grip, ram rod and barrel. AimPoint 9000SC red dot and a perfect ML combo. I use 195 grain PowerBelt now with 2 pellets. It will shoot dead nuts. Almost as fun as the XVR and no way near as noisy (ha).

ghostfive

I have one something like that but based on the Optima. Here is a pic of it in progress. Of course after I did this CVA started making one I could have just bought.

2hevn00.jpg

Frank G

You will enjoy hunting with it. I set mine up about 3 seasons ago and now I see almost every "big house" is pushing them in their line. Is yours a 50 or 45 cal and what optics are you using. How long is the barrel? Thanks for the feed back.

Frank G

Puff My Hand Cannon

Having a ball this year with "Puff" the handcannon. Past two days have been "right on target" one a day not bad(ha) OK no big bucks yet, But where the girls are the boys are sure to follow.
Have seen a number of spikes and 4 points. Lets see what's roaming around this weekend.
I'll stick with the short barrel, works for me.

Latest posts