I learned to fish during covid... how hard could hunting land trout (squirrels and rabbits) be? Harder than I thought

SlothOnTheRocks

Well the title says it all. I am from Gallatin, TN and living in Murfreesboro for school. I taught myself to fish from trial and error. I spent last winter with a Henry Survival Rifle get chittered at by squirrels in WMAs east of the boro and not getting any. I love exploring public land with my Jeep and started looking into hunting since I saw so many folks out and about doing it. Grew up camping all over middle and east Tennessee, but never hunted before last winter. Looking forward to this Fall, definitely hope to learn a lot from this forum.

MickThompson

Key in their seasonal foods and move slowly. It's not enough to now what they eat, you need to know what they're eating when you're hunting through the season and where to find that source.

You'll struggle on rabbits without help of a dog to be honest but it can be done. Just go wallowing into the nastiest cover you can imagine. If your ears aren't bleeding and your hat hanging in the briars, you aren't in the right spot.

Latest posts