I got one

CliffordN

Massive case of chiggers! Tried to get by without using any spray yesterday, and paid the price BIG TIME! Even came home and soaked in a tub with bleach water. And still look like I took a load of birdshot!
With the cooler weather, I really want to try again tomorrow. But not sure I can sit still with all of this itching.

CliffordN

The fields aren't clipped, so when I step out of the truck I am in head high weeds... I used to put powdered sulphur in my socks and around my waist. That worked great. But I can't find it since the move.

Chiflyguy

Massive case of chiggers! Tried to get by without using any spray yesterday, and paid the price BIG TIME! Even came home and soaked in a tub with bleach water. And still look like I took a load of birdshot!
With the cooler weather, I really want to try again tomorrow. But not sure I can sit still with all of this itching.
Bio freeze or Icy Hot

kaizen leader

Man I hate those things.

kaizen leader

Well, looks like going today is out! Woke up to even more bites. You would think that I would know better. But I rolled the dice and lost this time. Now it's down to just dealing with the aftermath of a poor decision. The deer will still be there later.
I don't care how hot it is, I'm wearing my bug resistant longies. I've been there and it's beauties in my brain forever. Good luck. Try not to go mad.

agelessssone

Went in the woods last September to set trail cams with no protection, came home with about 80 bites and five seed ticks.
1 qt bleach in enough water to cover up to my waist
That stopped most of the itching.
Next time in the woods, rubber boots, taped pants legs to boots.
Everything treated with Permethrin a few days before, underwear included, no bites....none....not one.
I'll never go in the woods without it!!

CliffordN

Went in the woods last September to set trail cams with no protection, came home with about 80 bites and five seed ticks.
1 qt bleach in enough water to cover up to my waist
That stopped most of the itching.
Next time in the woods, rubber boots, taped pants legs to boots.
Everything treated with Permethrin a few days before, underwear included, no bites....none....not one.
I'll never go in the woods without it!!
Just got back from WalMart and sprayed all of my clothes with Permethrin. Got some stuff that helps with the itching too. I hope I never go through this again!

Latest posts