I am looking for a xbow-Excaliber or Barnett ghost

981kirk

I want a good crossbow that will last me a good 5 years. My buddy has a Excalibur and likes it. I was looking at a Barnett Ghost 400. I know some people like Parker.... Don't know what to do. I need your imput

TW

5 years? Well don't get an Excalibur then! With little care and a few string changes, those darn things will last you the rest of your life!

TnBob

Got a Excalibur Exomax I might sell. I bought it new last fall at outdoor junction in Cookeville. Its the new full camo version. I hunted with it three days at Presidents Island last year and maybe three times this season. Let me know if you are interested.

smokepolehall

I never owned a Barnett, but with all the Forums & reviews it should be easy to see if'en they are good enuff to buy & use fer 5 yrs. Now i don't promote compound models as i don't own any. I do own an Excal & have fer 14 yrs. So i am spoiled by owning the most dependable crossbow made! I have never felt that it wasn't able to do the job as required as long as i do mine! I never blame my Vixen fer a miss or bad hit, its me or the deer moved abit. I am old n fat n shaky but on a shooting bench it will do min of deer out to my killin range of 35 yds. Spect it will ruin a qtr. most every shot!

Hollar Hunter

DON'T buy a Barnett Ghost. I did and thankfully I was able to return it. The thing wouldn't stay together for nothing. Every couple shots something would come loose. The arrow retainer is made of a cheap piece of plastic like a toy.Not to mention the thing is like 5 feet long and 4 foot wide... I had great luck with my parker tornado and liked it alot but wanted something different so I got the ghost. After doing alot of research I found the Stryker 380 and it's one sweet setup. Absoloutly no complaints about it and can't reccomend it enough...blistering speed and pinpoint accuracy...

varminthunter123

Excalibur Exocet 200. I've had mine for 3 years, never had to replace anything and have never had to tighten anything either. I've killed 8 deer, all complete pass thru's and I shot from 50 yards and in. Great xbow, I use Excalibur bolt's and fixed 150 gr broadheads, Fast Flemish string with a third party string stop. I'm getting 324 fps.

Latest posts