Hunting at Gooch

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
As everyone knows we had bad storms Friday night.
Didn't get that much rain in the immediate area though.
Leaving Gooch on Friday afternoon the area under the trestle was bone dry.
Arriving on Saturday there was about a foot of water.
Leaving Saturday there was almost 2 feet of water.
This is what I have been talking about since day one and the bs tier system.
If we would have had another good rain on Saturday night it would have flooded the whole joint.
Everything would have changed.
It would have went from pefectly fine and easy to a nightmare for anyone that had never been there before.
In a matter of 12 hours (overnight) the river went from under 21' to over 30'.
Flood stage is 34'.
I just hope when we get into the later season and this happens nobody gets hurt.
gooch.jpg

bigtiller

Thanks Ruger for the info. For the guys that get drawn at Gooch and have never been there, be aware of the river situation because if the water comes up during your hunt it is a possibility that you will not get back under the train trestle. Things can happen in a hurry!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Thanks Ruger for the info. For the guys that get drawn at Gooch and have never been there, be aware of the river situation because if the water comes up during your hunt it is a possibility that you will not get back under the train trestle. Things can happen in a hurry!
Without a doubt !!!
I just pray nobody gets killed over this nonsense.

Displaced_Vol

I think they're calling for a lot more rain this coming weekend, at least up here in KY. May be something to keep an eye on.

Course, selfishly our lease needs a good rain in a bad way.

TheLBLman

I think the waterfowl blind changes have created a dangerous situation at Gooch.
Some of the commissioners seemed to have viewed this area more like a dove field than a flood zone.
The locals who've lived in their area all their lives understand about the fast-rising waters, but those who don't live in the area are often clueless to the dangers they're being exposed.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I think the waterfowl blind changes have created a dangerous situation at Gooch.
Some of the commissioners seemed to have viewed this area more like a dove field than a flood zone.
The locals who've lived in their area all their lives understand about the fast-rising waters, but those who don't live in the area are often clueless to the dangers they're being exposed.
Exactly !!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
River is at 29.1 this morning and it's pouring here now.
Might be interesting for some when it's time to head out.