Hummingbird network cable

BuckWild

Gvit

Mine connect directly to the units (only networking 2 units) - both connectors are identical.
I also run Garmins, which use RJ45, so you can make your own cables (pinout is different on each end). Was able to use a $30 network hub instead of their $240 Network Hub Expander.

BuckWild

Mine connect directly to the units (only networking 2 units) - both connectors are identical.
I also run Garmins, which use RJ45, so you can make your own cables (pinout is different on each end). Was able to use a $30 network hub instead of their $240 Network Hub Expander.
I have two Helix 7 units and they have proprietary connectors so you have to buy a $25 dongle, which is just a short cable that attaches to back of unit, then into the network cable. So basically $100 to network two units.

I have several standard NMEA cables left over from doing an install on a friends Cobalt.
They are useless for this application.

And standard RJ45 would be great. I build those all the time.

Thanks for the info.

BuckWild

Just looked at that cable photo again and the connector on the right looked like it was 5 pin but now I see it is 8 pin like the other end.

NMEA 2000 is a 5 pin connector.

bluball

Just looked at that cable photo again and the connector on the right looked like it was 5 pin but now I see it is 8 pin like the other end.

NMEA 2000 is a 5 pin connector.
Your talking about a ethernat cable if you have dongles.With helix you need dangles an a solix you don't need dongles.

bluball

If interested in a used one to save some money I can look and see if we have one.Would need to know what length you need.

Latest posts