How to catch cats on JPP?

Back Home

I bass fish a lot on JPP and always have a good time. Tried catching a catfish though the other day and didn't even get a bite. Obviously, I don't have a clue. Used dead shiners and put them on the bottom. I think I have the wrong location. What do I use and what type of water should I fish? Deep? shallow? Thanks for the help.

Bone Collector

Back home they should be moving shallow here soon and they will hit chicken liver, live minnow, live bluegill, cut bait (bluegill or shad). The spawn should be kicking off in the next couple of weeks.

I asked on a thread in this forum about when that would be on OH and Priest and got one reply about OH. Hopefully more people will chime in give some info here soon.

Back Home

Thanks BC. I was out on Priest last night. As often as I fish that lake I should know what all those big fish that are jumping are. I mean these things are enormous. Buffalo or Cats I guess. They've gotta be 20 lb plus - all of them.

Hopefully someone can chime in with more info on the cats. I'd like to get into them this year. I've tried about everything with no success.

ShaneHallum

Small bluegill, chicken livers, and hotdogs.

cats should be coming up shallow soon, we usually run our noodles the 3rd week of June and wear them out.

Try to find some cut offs or creek channels to get up in, fish the points from the channel to the main channel of the lake. Also look for steep rock ledges, they will get up in the gaps between the rocks and let the current push bait to them, since the current will hit the rocks.

Latest posts