How Long For TN Elk

paboom

What's your best guess on how many more years until you're able to hunt elk in TN? I haven't seen a time frame.

Just curious...

mike243

there will be 5 tags next year,1 will be auctioned off,1 will be out of state resident picked & 3 for Tn residents,mike243

highway

I am just wondering.....If a man gets drawn, do you find your own spot to hunt or does the state tell you where to hunt? I know the locations where they release them but just where do you go?

paboom

mike243 said:
there will be 5 tags next year,1 will be auctioned off,1 will be out of state resident picked & 3 for Tn residents,mike243

sweet! even though it's only 5 tags, I didn't think they'd start this soon. Thanks for the info.

BigGameGuy

Slight correction...

No more than 25% of the tags may go to non-residenta. In this case, since there are only four available, only one tag may go to a non-resident. It's quite possible all four drawn tags will go to residents.

Tony_The_Terrible

BigGameGuy said:
Slight correction...

No more than 25% of the tags may go to non-residenta. In this case, since there are only four available, only one tag may go to a non-resident. It's quite possible all four drawn tags will go to residents.

Do you expect us to take your word for it, just because you are the TWRA Big Game Coordinator? Pffft.

Just kidding. :grin:

AlabamaSwamper

BigGameGuy said:
Slight correction...

Good job BGG. You keep telling everyone that because all the money I'm sliding you and Quota Lady under the table doesn't need to be known. :D

DBLAARCHERY

Can't wait myself...TWRA will give you asigned areas with your tag if you are drawn...It will keep all 5 tags out of the same area...I can't wait ")...It will beat going to Idaho and not killing...

Diehard Hunter

I plan on seeing several of them tomorrow. i watched a nice 5x5 a couple of weeks ago. I was within 5 yards of him at one time. Now if I can only draw one of those tags.

trealtree

Diehard Hunter said:
I plan on seeing several of them tomorrow. i watched a nice 5x5 a couple of weeks ago. I was within 5 yards of him at one time. Now if I can only draw one of those tags.

Dont worry when I draw a tag I will let you be my guide. :)

Diehard Hunter

Is one of them Bull # 30 Possum? i run into him alot. he has hanging around with a little raghorn and a couple of cows.

POSSUM HUNTER

nope, have you seen the heard bull in the private feild in ELK Valley? hes not that big but he aint a long way from it either

the other is a 4x5

DBLAARCHERY

POSSUM HUNTER said:
nope, have you seen the heard bull in the private feild in ELK Valley? hes not that big but he aint a long way from it either

the other is a 4x5

I guess when I get drawn I know who I am taking...Get your gear ready POSSUM HUNTER...

Latest posts